Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's LWX disco said that we lose 18 minutes of daylight by the end of the month.  Nice fall weather seems far off, but it is coming!

I can't believe the next door neighbors chose this week to have sod laid in a large area in their side and back yard.  It's not gonna make it.

Oh and LOL at rain chances Saturday afternoon and night.  The only water will be from my garden hose.

7 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Really odd model situation on Sunday.  The 12km NAM has some sort of backdoor setup and barely gets us to 80.  The 3km NAM sends us back into the 90s.

Can't imagine we backdoor that easily with all this heat...but who knows. Stranger things have happened I guess. 

41 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Regarding Sunday, just pick the hottest model and go with it (I teed that one up nicely for Ravensrule)

LOL @ the DC and Calvert Splits showing up on the drought map. I now have proof, thank you UNL:

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MD

I call it the Kate Upton model. I'm looking at it now and it's already 140 degrees in my house.

9 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

EJ. You are nuts. 

This is an unrelenting stretch of hot and dry. Who cares what DCA gets to.

Nuts in a good way! 

I love anomalous weather, especially when I get to work outside in it...lets you know your alive.  We've been surveying dams in the county over the past week and it's been real fun to just put in a hard day's work outside.  Makes the pool and beer at home in the evening all the more enjoyable.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

97/98/97 is a solid stretch even if we don't grab a triple digit number.

I'm down for us slowly grinding away to a top ten July/summer- but I haven't run any numbers so I'm not sure if we're even close to that or anything (probably not). Gonna look at it this weekend if I have time.

1 hour ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Drove up to Crofton Giant and it was almost pleasant out there. Riding back down to the swamp here the humidity climbed. But still noticeably less than yesterday. 83/75. Sitting out on patio with Miller High Life. (Yeah they still make it)

Max today 90. Had cloud cover.

I'm right down the street. I know what you mean. It's a steamy jungle back in the woods that I live in. Deep summer conditions our here. Super loud bugs and frogs and even a few flashes of lighting and a rumble of thunder. Life is good.

10 hours ago, dailylurker said:

I'm right down the street. I know what you mean. It's a steamy jungle back in the woods that I live in. Deep summer conditions our here. Super loud bugs and frogs and even a few flashes of lighting and a rumble of thunder. Life is good.

That's the apex of summer right there.  It's amazing.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived