Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

Dundalk/Essex area getting rocked apparently, lost power at home multiple times, some hail too from what I was told. 

Not surprised  I  am on the 20th floor of my bldg and look due east - Hopkins Bayview is about 5 miles in a straight line from my office and it looks legit stormy over that way.

7 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Euro goes roughly 91/95/97/93 and then has precip Sun/Mon middays.

GFS is 95/96/97/97/101

NAM is 96/95/90/mid-90s

I think one of the reasons the heat has "busted" is simply that the GFS has been over-advertising it.  That's not to say that the Euro didn't do the same this week, but at least it was still 7-8 days out when it started throwing around 100s. 

94 so far today at DCA

12z updates:

Euro:  95/98/91/91

GFS:  96/97/99/100 (visually, since the text sites seem to be delayed)

NAM: 96/97/94/98

The weekend on the Euro is interesting.  850 temps seem to be very similar to the GFS, but the surface is much cooler.  Maybe clouds?

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

94 so far today at DCA

12z updates:

Euro:  95/98/91/91

GFS:  96/97/99/100 (visually, since the text sites seem to be delayed)

NAM: 96/97/94/98

The weekend on the Euro is interesting.  850 temps seem to be very similar to the GFS, but the surface is much cooler.  Maybe clouds?

I see 95?

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

Central Mid-Atlantic would be Pennsylvania into Jersey.

I would say thats the northern MA.

There really is not a defined standard for this. Mount Holly NWSFO says Nrn Mid Atlantic when referring to eastern PA and NJ in their AFDs..

24 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I see NWS  is favoring a nice cool down starting Tuesday.  Showing 82 for both Tues/Wed for mby. I'm good with that.  I need a break by then . ..been working outside the past 2 weeks. 

Currently 78 /73 ...Definitely one of the warmest if not the warmest at 10pm readings all season. 

Actually current Spc mesoanalysis  has good lift , convergence,  850 moisture etc over the area. ..wouldnt be surprised by a shower overnight. 

Yeah looks like low to mid 80s for mid next week here. I will take that.

12 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Central MA would include PHI-BWI-DCA-DOV

I agree that there's really no standard, but I grew up in South Jersey and we always considered the Mid-Atlantic to be PA, NJ, MD, DE, and *maaaaaybe* VA. I still go with that!

Beyond that, we were outside at my daughter's first-ever "swim meet" (aka Lollipop Race) yesterday afternoon, and it was downright miserable. Had to come home and shower it was so bad.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived