Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

LOL at Germantown included in that warning -- not a drop here and I am at Rt 355 and Rt 27, a couple miles east.  This is the most agonizing miss I can remember with a stationary severe thunderstorm literally three miles away.  Just disgusted.

I am sort of in the same place. Storm just to my North parked right over 70W. All I am getting 5 miles to the South is some sympathy thunder. 

That huge Laytonsville area storm earlier then one popped just a few miles south around Gaithersburg.  Only a brief minute of drops here, not even enough to wet the ground.  I've never been fringed this bad before just 2-3 miles in multiple directions.  Stephens City has got nothin' on the infamous Germantown micro-desert.

OK back out to finish mowing my dusty, weedy hard-packed lawn.  At least I don't have to cut often.

12 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Dry in my desert locale. Shut out again.  Mid 90s. My area sucks. 

Rain shield in full force here. Big rainer blossomed 2 miles to my NW, lots of thunder, 12 drops of rain. That thing moved west then hooked south and hit Easton. 

lol cant make it up.

4 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Models pumping out decent heat for late week.  Euro is roughly 95/98/97 for Thurs-Sat.  The GFS OP is a horror show with a streak of 95+ including three 100s.  GFS MOS is 95/96/99/98/98/95 starting Wednesday.  Thankfully, the GFS was high on this last round of heat, so may be again.

:o

8 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Anyone have any thoughts on storms today? From what I've seen its gonna be a crapshoot again, with barely moving blobs. Really looking forward to something widespread again.

It will not be like yesterday. Most activity should be very pulsey and quite isolated in nature. See the short term and hi-res modeling. 

5 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

It will not be like yesterday. Most activity should be very pulsey and quite isolated in nature. See the short term and hi-res modeling. 

Thoughts on what the 3k NAM is putting out? Verifying with the stuff down in SW VA towards Charlottesville. It looked similar to what happened yesterday. I know we've had quite a few slow/non moving storm days this year, can't remember if that's unusual or not. 

nam3km_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_fh5-10.gif

53 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Pretty sure the short term/hi res models had an epic fail yesterday... so I dunno if using them for today will work

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived