Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

That Dover Td seems way too high...probably the reason for the errant spike in CAPE and supercell composite # for Delmarva

Oops

9 minutes ago, SmokeEater said:

Best storm I've ever seen, hands down. And that includes the tornado I saw in 2012 in MD. SPC nailed that supercell down here. Ping pong ball sized hail for a while, and I think I had a small tornado, or at least a circulation pass over me. Winds went nuts and shifted directions a couple times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rain is so light now I will need to break out the scanning electron microscope to be able to detect it lmao, you'd think with all these radar echoes that we would have more rain --- But thats climate change for ya lol

Sky is overcast similar to a midwinter weeklong rainstorm - but little or no rain. I can hear crashing thunder from other communities' thrunderstorms lmao.

I just remembered something: The radar is out, today is the 14th, the LWX radar still is out. Hmmmmm....

So perhaps we really do not have red and orange reflectivities overhead.

6 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

That went poof in a hurry. I may not get .05. Amazing. The radar "jumped" right over my house. 

Its a way of life for us, summer or winter.

I am thinking of making my brown backyard into a deck or paved with brick pavers. Climate change is changing faster and faster, its obvious that the Mid Atlantic will be far drier than west Texas by the early 2020s. Larsen C ice shelf broke off yesterday too.

Skies are clearing, I was damn fortunate to get about .000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003 of rain today.

59693cb5eaafd_ScreenHunter_27743Jul_1417_46.thumb.jpg.cd644388c5490d2461d90064629555e7.jpg

Check out these radar reflectivities. I hope that it is something wrong with the radar, and not climate change, because if the radar is fine and this IS climate change related, we are all in deep shyte here in the Mid Atlantic. I should have managed at least a quarter inch of rain off that, especially when you realize that it is moving ENE. We are in serious, serious trouble with these kinds of radars giving us less that one hundredth of an inch of rain folks. Climate Change is REAL and it waits for NO man or woman, or child.

Just south of Fredericksburg in Spotsy County....wing gusted to 59 mph, two trees down and power is out. Bright green flash then power was gone. Crazy wind and the lightning is just everywhere and very close. Legit storm, there was no Severe Tstorm Warning as the line seemed to blossom overhead.

Picked up cover inch of rain as the storm rolled through.

44 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Complete whiff in Ellicott City. We might have gotten a couple drops. Dark skys but no rain. 

31 minutes ago, mappy said:

Well things certainly exploded south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Its absolutely amazing. I've seen two drops all afternoon. Total.

8 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

.02 TOTAL!!

Besides N Bmore Zen, anyone do worse????.

Thanks, all. Misery loves company. Nothing here either.

i wouldn't be bothered by this except that I got my hopes up while I was driving in central PA yesterday where they got easily 3" of rain and I thought that would be our rain today. 

1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

.02 TOTAL!!

Besides N Bmore Zen, anyone do worse????.

0.09" here the last 48 hours

Remarkable hole here over the past 2 days. Uncanny how there have been storms/heavy rain in literally all directions locally, but next to nada here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived