Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

Stupid radar. Did I see something about it being down all week? Those storms coming out around Martinsburg look like they are holding together. They are moving pretty fast to the east. I hope they make to my garden.

LWX radar will be down through the 14th at least.

1 hour ago, southmdwatcher said:

If you can use the terminal radars(TIAD, TDCA, TADW, TBWI) for local coverage and use Charleston WV, Pittsburgh, and State College for incoming weather, of course Blacksburg and Dover will work as well for eastern areas.

It sucks that the radar is down, but it also emphasizes the embarrassment of riches we have with local radars around here.

Storms are holding together pretty well.  Would take a splash of rain if they can get here.

.28" in the gardens... July 11 and have watered a time or two so far this growing season.  Nice...

OT or maybe wrong thread... By chance, I'll be just north of Myrtle Beach (Sunset Beach NC) the week of the eclipse.  Should witness an almost total eclipse on the beach...I'm oddly pumped for this.  If clouds are an issue, I may go eclipse chasing..lol

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

In EJ's defense, the big heat part of the heat wave has failed miserably, regardless of whatever tomorrow brings.

It depends a bit on which model you were following.  The GFS was a mess, going way too warm.  The Euro and NAM have been more subdued, with highs in the 95-97 range for the week.  So, disgusting, but not especially noteworthy for July.  I was 94, as was DCA.  Still looks like 97ish for tomorrow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived