joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

595f3b218b53d_ScreenHunter_27431Jul_0703_26.thumb.jpg.309556069ca6ba9b49819c574e9689dc.jpg

I realize I just got to enjoy at least 3 inches of rain. I am very happy that the grasses are reviving.

BUT........Goddamned PENNSYLVANIA!

They are hogging our rightful rain again! They always get the precip , summer and winter. Pennsylvania gets rain measured in meters every summer, and snow measured in fathoms every winter!

I wanted just a little more rain tonight, like we were forecasted to get. But NOOOOOO, it hits damned PENNSYLVANIA again!

I hope they take their rains of greed and get swept away! I hope they drive right into a swollen creek and try so hard to get out of the stream, but they can't, because they are so damned GREEDY!!! Because they HOGGED all of the rest of the heavier rains tonight, they can't get out of the stream, they get swept into what is known as a strainer, which is a collection of branches and debris that all that rain that they greeded after swept into just the right configuration, and that the swift waters of the rain swollen creek sweeps them up against, and that they can't get off of, because of all that water that they greeded after all their lives as they revelled in hogging all of our rightful rains for decades and decades, keeps them hopelessly pinned against the branches that comprise the strainer, and they struggle and struggle, but finally drown a most horrific drowning! Pennsylvanians have committed one of the WORST crimes they could ever conceive of: THEY HAVE HOGGED THE SACRED RAINS INTENDED FOR THE JEBMAN AND ALL OF HIS FRIENDS IN THE SOUTHERN MID ATLANTIC!

This rain greed and hogging of the natural resources is a crime MOST FOUL!

Pennsylvanians have upset all of the good citizens of the drought-stricken southern Mid Atlantic, and they have utterly pissed off ALL of the Rain Goddesses forever! Even the weather unicorns cant help them.

Learn to SHARE, Pennsylvanians! You can't go on HOGGING all of the rains!

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Only managed .20" overnight and that puts me at 1.10" for total since yesterday morning.  Not exactly what I was hoping for as many others  got much more and most models showed more and we needed it . On to tracking the next one.

if it makes you feel better, only .74 IMBY through this AM. 1.35" for the month. 

Just now, BTRWx said:

That much of a change between two consecutive frames of the hrrr...

Not really.  The first frame is scattered convection north of I-70 that congeals into a multi-cell line an hour later as it enters northern Delaware.  Meanwhile, a few cells along I-81 pick up steam as they roll through DC and NOVA.  It's plausible.  SPC mesoanalysis show SBCAP around 1,000 j/kg and the Downdraft CAPE (DCAPE) just to our west is already over 1,000....that's pretty supportive for some scattered gusty storms this afternoon.  Nothing widespread, but this should yield a few good structure pics from Ion.

I'm not buying the HURRRR, given the rest of the meso guidance right now.

As for that other guidance, what's causing the lines of storms from Ohio to go <POOF> as it hits West Virginia later this evening? I really know next to nothing about it all, and it's interesting to see that line/complex vaporize as it slams into the massive peaks of Mountain Mama.

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm not buying the HURRRR, given the rest of the meso guidance right now.

As for that other guidance, what's causing the lines of storms from Ohio to go <POOF> as it hits West Virginia later this evening? I really know next to nothing about it all, and it's interesting to see that line/complex vaporize as it slams into the massive peaks of Mountain Mama.

Probably loss of daytime heating and downsloping...the usual suspects.  Plus the meso guidance seems to deflect the brunt of the Midwest storms down into Kentucky which means we're on the wrong side of the system.

11 hours ago, Jebman said:

595f3b218b53d_ScreenHunter_27431Jul_0703_26.thumb.jpg.309556069ca6ba9b49819c574e9689dc.jpg

I realize I just got to enjoy at least 3 inches of rain. I am very happy that the grasses are reviving.

BUT........Goddamned PENNSYLVANIA!

They are hogging our rightful rain again! They always get the precip , summer and winter. Pennsylvania gets rain measured in meters every summer, and snow measured in fathoms every winter!

I wanted just a little more rain tonight, like we were forecasted to get. But NOOOOOO, it hits damned PENNSYLVANIA again!

I hope they take their rains of greed and get swept away! I hope they drive right into a swollen creek and try so hard to get out of the stream, but they can't, because they are so damned GREEDY!!! Because they HOGGED all of the rest of the heavier rains tonight, they can't get out of the stream, they get swept into what is known as a strainer, which is a collection of branches and debris that all that rain that they greeded after swept into just the right configuration, and that the swift waters of the rain swollen creek sweeps them up against, and that they can't get off of, because of all that water that they greeded after all their lives as they revelled in hogging all of our rightful rains for decades and decades, keeps them hopelessly pinned against the branches that comprise the strainer, and they struggle and struggle, but finally drown a most horrific drowning! Pennsylvanians have committed one of the WORST crimes they could ever conceive of: THEY HAVE HOGGED THE SACRED RAINS INTENDED FOR THE JEBMAN AND ALL OF HIS FRIENDS IN THE SOUTHERN MID ATLANTIC!

This rain greed and hogging of the natural resources is a crime MOST FOUL!

Pennsylvanians have upset all of the good citizens of the drought-stricken southern Mid Atlantic, and they have utterly pissed off ALL of the Rain Goddesses forever! Even the weather unicorns cant help them.

Learn to SHARE, Pennsylvanians! You can't go on HOGGING all of the rains!

Pennsylvanian here :( Now this might make your head explode Jebman but I feel the same way about NYC getting all my rain and snow, so just IMAGINE that land of milk and honey for a minute.

.55" event busted here but not in NYC :lol: 

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Probably loss of daytime heating and downsloping...the usual suspects.  Plus the meso guidance seems to deflect the brunt of the Midwest storms down into Kentucky which means we're on the wrong side of the system.

Thanks. I figured it might have been related to downsloping in some way. Didn't think about daytime heating, particularly since it feels juiced out there, but I can't claim any expertise on it.

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

DPs dropping at DCA.  Not exactly what you want to see if you want a "surprise" event today.

Man, the weather gods must be really mad.  Anything even close to mentioning wx has been flipping against us as far as forecast verification.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived