Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

We've got to have had at least 2+ inches over the past two days in Arlington. I'd also love some corroboration, because I have no scientific method of vertifying that in my own backyard. It's been pouring here this morning since 3:30. 

There's several WeatherBug stations in and very close to Arlington... they're generally in the 0.75-0.90" range for the past two days (since midnight on the 5th, so ~32 hours). If you include the rain on the 4th, totals are in the 1.0-1.5" range.

7 minutes ago, Ellinwood said:

There's several WeatherBug stations in and very close to Arlington... they're generally in the 0.75-0.90" range for the past two days (since midnight on the 5th, so ~32 hours). If you include the rain on the 4th, totals are in the 1.0-1.5" range.

Thanks! I was counting the 4th as well. Think all the puddling from the dry ground may have led me to overestimate the amount of rain we've had.

3.5 to 5.5 from Montclair south through Dumfries and North Stafford since midnight, according to NWS. I am just Northwest of that and got nearly 1.8 today with a total of nearly 3 since last evening. I wonder where things will set up later this morning and into the afternoon. My gut tells me North of 66 toward I70. 

36 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Sitting at 2.10" on the month, which is already double the total from June.

It's days like this that make me realize I need to buy another simple gauge. Looks like we've gotten hit pretty good since about 4:00 am, and I'd imagine we've picked up 2" or so in the last 24 hours - most of that in the last 6-8 hours.

1 hour ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

So the general expectation is more heavy rain up through central MD later this morning into the afternoon?

I'd say it's unclear.     Earlier hi-res runs suggested this, but they've really backed off.    That said, with the front drifting back to the north, central  MD would seem like a candidate for heavier rain later, and it's *possible* that the hi-res runs don't have a good handle on the forcing.

31 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

About .10 at my house. It just doesn't want to rain here this summer.

I managed 0.23" this morning. Pretty much the same story here though. Missed the heavy rain just to my east on Tuesday, and most of the good stuff passed to my south today. Looks like the the heaviest activity later today into this evening will be north of me lol.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

It's days like this that make me realize I need to buy another simple gauge. Looks like we've gotten hit pretty good since about 4:00 am, and I'd imagine we've picked up 2" or so in the last 24 hours - most of that in the last 6-8 hours.

A tin can works fine if you're just curious about general rain amounts.

44 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Unsurprisingly, the feeder creek that flows into Pohick Creek at the bend in Burke Road has has washed over the road.

I've got 3.89 in my gauge since midnight, with .62 yesterday. Not bad! I was driving on Olley earlier this morning, at least 2 inches ago, and water on the road was already a problem at the bottom of the hill heading south towards Braddock. Burke Lake near Shiplett had major ponding as well.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived