Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Some real gully washers literally a few miles to my east, and over into central DE. Up to an inch over the past hour there. I managed to catch the edge as it briefly built westward. 0.12", better than nothing I guess.

Indeed.  One report from Cumberland County, NJ was for 2"+ of rain measured in 22 minutes.

Holy crap just got the most intense t-storm I've seen in a while around here!  It rained VERY heavy for about 15 minutes with several bursts of wind I'd estimate at 50-60 mph.  There are lots of small to medium branches littering the ground.  It sucked the crawl space hatch door in the garage out of place.  The houses behind and slightly below us had a 10-15 foot wide river running through them.  Not a ton of lightning, but we had one real close strike.

I had a total of 1.4 inches of rain for all of June, and eyeballing the rain gauge it looks like just under 2" in there, most of which fell in about 15 minutes.  It is a luscious 68 degrees.

5 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Holy crap just got the most intense t-storm I've seen in a while around here!  It rained VERY heavy for about 15 minutes with several bursts of wind I'd estimate at 50-60 mph.  There are lots of small to medium branches littering the ground.  It sucked the crawl space hatch door in the garage out of place.  The houses behind and slightly below us had a 10-15 foot wide river running through them.  Not a ton of lightning, but we had one real close strike.

I had a total of 1.4 inches of rain for all of June, and eyeballing the rain gauge it looks like just under 2" in there, most of which fell in about 15 minutes.  It is a luscious 68 degrees.

There was a marine message posted for possible microburst activity.  Get ready 495ers!  I only saw the note briefly and can't locate a link now. (point and click over the river)

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

There were two frames on LWX's radar where the tops shot down quickly over Germantown and there was a blip on the base velocity scan.  I'm seeing a couple of wires down calls in the Brink Rd / Frederick Rd area so it's possible you experienced a wet microburst or something close to it.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Got .40" up here . Not a drought buster but welcome. Just over the Pa line got smoked pretty good . 18z Gfs says there's more a comin..hope so. 

I didn't want much rain until my paint had a chance to dry.  The mini cell hit around 4:46, by then the paint had been drying a good 4 hours.

IMG_3165_zpsqxtrnkvr.jpg

IMG_3166_zpsph94l6m2.jpg

595c385653b4f_ScreenHunter_27309Jul_0420_48.thumb.jpg.95b758240f08b1a6d901f1f34dd911b2.jpg

Missed by only about 10 Miles.

Rain ALWAYS finds a way to miss us here in Dale City. If you dont care for rain, please come here to live. We have the DRIEST CLIMATE in the Mid Atlantic. You won't need a lawn mower either. The Drought continues here in Dale City, not a single drop of rain to be found, rainstorms stay FAR AWAY from my city, every time. It's bad enough that I am DENIED life-giving rain yet AGAIN, for the 6th consecutive time since early June, but just north of me steady TRAINING rain parades by while we dry out in earnest.

595c86aec1a03_ScreenHunter_27314Jul_0502_26.thumb.jpg.f933a2a5e79dda5f7111e1bac38a799c.jpg

We seem to be getting fringed yet again, this time just to the south, possibly as close as 4 miles this time lmao!

At least the rain is consistent, it always seems to find an efficient way to miss us in Dale City.

It will likely NEVER rain in a meaningful way again this year in Dale City. We are without a doubt, the most CURSED city in the entire world.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived