Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Banter Thread

George BM

48 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The best part about my trip to Rehoboth was going to Atlantic Liquors and scoring some Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown, which is virtually impossible to find anywhere now.

That place kicks azz.

Nice!

The Whole Foods near me has it as singles, so I picked up one bottle a few weeks ago. I couldn't bring myself to buy more because I have so many big barrel-aged stouts in my basement that i couldn't justify buying any more! It's sitting in my fridge until fall. Should be a nice cool-weather beer.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Nice!

The Whole Foods near me has it as singles, so I picked up one bottle a few weeks ago. I couldn't bring myself to buy more because I have so many big barrel-aged stouts in my basement that i couldn't justify buying any more! It's sitting in my fridge until fall. Should be a nice cool-weather beer.

Tomorrow or Wednesday evening might be a good time to break one of those big beers out and just imagine it's fall. Looking forward to a few fire pit evenings this week.

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Tomorrow or Wednesday evening might be a good time to break one of those big beers out and just imagine it's fall. Looking forward to a few fire pit evenings this week.

I'm excited for the first signs of stout season. Don't want to rush it, but I love being able to sit on a big barrel-aged stout, letting it slowly warm in a snifter and experiencing the change in the beer over the course of an hour or so. Doing that on a chilly evening is near-perfection.

Thing is...we'll have a newborn to look after at that point, so I'll have to make sure I don't take it *too* far. Last thing I'm going to want is to be woken out of a half-drunken sleep by a crying baby! :lol:

For the past month or so I've been inundated with emails from the board telling me when I've been quoted or "liked".  I tried to turn this off in Notifications, but it doesn't seem to work.  Anybody have any ideas?  The emails are completely unnecessary as I probably frequent the board more than my Outlook account.

6 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

For the past month or so I've been inundated with emails from the board telling me when I've been quoted or "liked".  I tried to turn this off in Notifications, but it doesn't seem to work.  Anybody have any ideas?  The emails are completely unnecessary as I probably frequent the board more than my Outlook account.

I just sent you two emails. :)

But in an attempt to help you, I'm not sure if AmWx has my email, but if they did and I was getting a ton of junk and couldn't stop I think here, I'd opt to ignore them from my email account.

Given the seasonal pattern, that is absolutely on the table. 

I guess no chance to move party to Sunday PM as a fallback?

No, one of her friends is having a party Sunday for their birthday. All the same kids will be at both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

So now Dixon is down and out for the season. Looks like the injury bug that has plagued the Ravens for quite a few years now is still going strong.

Not sure why they would have counted on him as a feature back. Aside from the suspension, always has knee issues. 

RBs are dime a dozen. Move on. Too bad the OL is also a huge question mark.

Poor Flacco. He will be asked to play like Aaron Rogers again. We know how that ends up.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not sure why they would have counted on him as a feature back. Aside from the suspension, always has knee issues. 

RBs are dime a dozen. Move on. Too bad the OL is also a huge question mark.

Poor Flacco. He will be asked to play like Aaron Rogers again. We know how that ends up.

I actually liked what I saw from him. Thought he had some good upside. But yeah, doesn't matter who we have in the backfield unless we get the OL straightened out. And as far as Flacco, it is kind of hard to do an Aaron Rogers impersonation when the defense is playing wack-a-mole with your head because of poor line play. But hey, at least looks like we will have a good shot at a top 5, if not top 3, defense. 

26 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I actually liked what I saw from him. Thought he had some good upside. But yeah, doesn't matter who we have in the backfield unless we get the OL straightened out. And as far as Flacco, it is kind of hard to do an Aaron Rogers impersonation when the defense is playing wack-a-mole with your head because of poor line play. But hey, at least looks like we will have a good shot at a top 5, if not top 3, defense. 

That OL just got weaker with John Urschel announcing his retirement.

16 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

That OL just got weaker with John Urschel announcing his retirement.

Just went to read about Urschel and lo and behold it was just announced that Flacco is going to sit out 3-6 weeks because of a disc issue in his back. Will miss at least the beginning of training camp. The hits just keep coming.

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Agree. My primary point is that the Ravens "asked" too much of Flacco last year, with poor line play and a non existent run game. He put up lots of yards, but was very inefficient, and the offense was barely mediocre. Given the state of the OL and the running game at this point, I am not optimistic. That could all change for the better if the line gels with the position changes, and the younger guys step up. As for the D, still dont like the secondary depth- already having injury strike, and Jimmy Smith finding it more difficult to stay on the field as he gets older. There is talent, but another injury or 2 and there will be inexperienced players forced into bigger roles. Not sure exactly where the pass rush will come from, again need the youth to step it up here. Suggs is a a warrior but not very good at sacking the QB anymore. I am not a Dean Pees fan at all. It is clear that situation is static however. For these reasons, I think they are closer to a 10-12 ranked defense.

On 7/24/2017 at 6:16 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

On 7/24/2017 at 8:44 PM, mattie g said:

I'm excited for the first signs of stout season. Don't want to rush it, but I love being able to sit on a big barrel-aged stout, letting it slowly warm in a snifter and experiencing the change in the beer over the course of an hour or so. Doing that on a chilly evening is near-perfection.

Thing is...we'll have a newborn to look after at that point, so I'll have to make sure I don't take it *too* far. Last thing I'm going to want is to be woken out of a half-drunken sleep by a crying baby! :lol:

So I'm thinking Saturday might be a good day to enjoy one (or more) of those big stouts I've got laying around!

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

So I'm thinking Saturday might be a good day to enjoy one (or more) of those big stouts I've got laying around!

I'm a little bummed because I got into some long overdue projects and didn't get a chance to go crabbing today, but in cleaning out the garage fridge, I found a KBS from last spring. 

Here's to hoping for a chilly Saturday night.

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm sitting around at the cardiologist waiting for an unscheduled stress test, and I'm so f'ing annoyed that I can feel my blood pressure rising. I have stuff to get done at the office before this weekend!

That sucks. I waited for a doctor over an hour the other day, so I feel you. Try to relax and remember those toasted stouts you're going to be enjoy tomorrow evening. :)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived