Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropped a heavy board on my foot early this morning and me like a fool kept working through the pain for another 5 hours. Finally pulled my foot out of the shoe and now have it iced up as it ballooned quite significantly. At least it looks as if I didn't break anything, it's just painful as crap.

18 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

In case any were curious to see it solved

IMG_9071.thumb.JPG.0e49c913fa8dffd0600fe3f8e5da139b.JPG

Or... you just do it all in your head ;)

Start out using 36 as x and you get square root of 51 + square root of 36.  You quickly realize that the square root of 51 is not a whole number, so it can be tossed, and you also realize the number has to be greater than 6 squared (aka 36)...  Then plug in the next number 7 (aka 49) and boom, there is your answer because 49 + 15 = 64, which is 8 (square root of 64) and adding that to the square root of 49 (which is 7) and you get 7 + 8 = 15.  Done lol 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

No sense looking at the technical stuff. Just expect it to miss your house and you're good

That's my default until folks on here spell it out for me in plain English.

58 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Bob's probably right but I keep think derecho. ;)

I could go for some Doritos right now...

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@George BM I just want to check in and see how you're holding up. We're still all thinking of you.

Good evening to you, Don. My family and I are still holding up. It has, of course, felt empty and depressing for the past several days but we have family friends and relatives that have been frequently visiting us during this time. 

Thank you so much for the check in, I really appreciate it. 

22 minutes ago, George BM said:

Good evening to you, Don. My family and I are still holding up. It has, of course, felt empty and depressing for the past several days but we have family friends and relatives that have been frequently visiting us during this time. 

Thank you so much for the check in, I really appreciate it. 

:hug:

Hang in there.  Been saying a prayer for your family as well

19 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is anyone else watching Jordan Spieth's press conference after winning today?  I can't come up with the adjectives describing how impressed I am with his humility, composure, honesty...

I don't know anything of him other than what I have seen and heard of him today, but what a great guy.

He's pure class through and through. I don't think I've been more impressed with any sports figure in how they handle themselves than I am with Spieth. And he's only 23.

I'm a really big fan of his, and hope he goes on to really press Jack's majors record..and Tiger's non-majors record, too!

19 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Is anyone else watching Jordan Spieth's press conference after winning today?  I can't come up with the adjectives describing how impressed I am with his humility, composure, honesty...

I don't know anything of him other than what I have seen and heard of him today, but what a great guy.

His tee shot on 13 was the first time I could say "Hey I can do that!" and MEAN it when it comes to a pro golfer.

12 minutes ago, mattie g said:

He's pure class through and through. I don't think I've been more impressed with any sports figure in how they handle themselves than I am with Spieth. And he's only 23.

I'm a really big fan of his, and hope he goes on to really press Jack's majors record..and Tiger's non-majors record, too!

In spite of some really chaotic and pivotal moments yesterday (did you see him stop his backswing?),  he never once lost his cool. Well, at least it not while being on camera. 

And it was really funny when the camera caught him nut-slap his buddy in the scorer's tent.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/spieth-dick-taps-his-caddy-michael-greller-after-winning/

32 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

In spite of some really chaotic and pivotal moments yesterday (did you see him stop his backswing?),  he never once lost his cool. Well, at least it not while being on camera. 

And it was really funny when the camera caught him nut-slap his buddy in the scorer's tent.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/iowa/spieth-dick-taps-his-caddy-michael-greller-after-winning/

I saw what I thought was a really hard hand slap, though Greller did flinch a bit!

Jordan does have a ton of composure. You can see that he has a tendency to rush things when he gets frustrated, but that he was able to recover from that wayward drive on 13, then go a ridiculous run to put the tournament away was incredibly impressive. The mental toughness to do that is immense.

I honestly think he could be flirting with double-digit majors by the time he's 28 or 29, even with the incredible talent up and down the Tour right now. He's just that good.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived