Weathernoob335
July 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I know one place that didn't

It's just a bad joke now. I'm in Manhattan right now and it's definitely been over 90 all afternoon. When ISP hits 90 on a SW flow and the park doesn't it's gone to another level.

looks like the convection to our north is stealing some of our instability 

It's just a bad joke now. I'm in Manhattan right now and it's definitely been over 90 all afternoon. When ISP hits 90 on a SW flow and the park doesn't it's gone to another level.

Newark hit 90 but most of nj stayed in the upper 80s with clouds so LI seemed like the hot spot today

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

86 out this way. 79 now. Thunderstorm just to the northeast. 

Re: Greenland, hit the coldest summer temp on record July 4. -33c. GFS has southern Greenland progged for epic snow over the next 10. From the charts I saw it's melt rate is slower than other 2010 years, on par with 2003 I believe. Why the PV is stuck near the Davis, I'm not sure. 

10 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Central Park shouldn't even count anymore.  The NWS should either do something about it or publicly announce that LGA is New York City's official reporting station and Central Park doesn't represent what the majority of residents experience.  I don't care how far back its record goes- anything before 1950 is about as relevant as the climate of Mars to what we have right now.

By the way, it's ludicrous that Central Park still hasn't made it to 90 this month!  We hit 91 here in SW Nassau (2nd 90 of the month so far) and JFK and ISP both hit 90!

7 hours ago, tdp146 said:

I'll just throw this out there and then watch the board lose it's mind, but I actually love the way it feels out this evening. Mid 80s, dp around 70. 

I like heat with low humidity.  Can't get much of that so far this year.  Humidity is the worst, I would love triple digit heat with the kind of low humidity we had back in 2010.

10 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Newark hit 90 but most of nj stayed in the upper 80s with clouds so LI seemed like the hot spot today

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It hit 91 here in SW Nassau County at 2:45 PM and you could see it could've gotten hotter, but it was a dirty sky and the clouds were too much.  I hate that.  Much rather have low humidity and blue skies with heat, rather than the dirty high we have right now.

Archived