Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I don't know if August will actually be cooler than normal. But a place like Newark may not see the big heat in August like the last 2 years in a row with 13 days of 90. I would probably guess Newark sees under 10 days of 90 this August.

I tend to agree on both accounts, i think wetter than normal is the safest forecast for August.  Gun to head id say EWR is a 10 days 90+.

29 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Was really just a rain storm with some downpours. Did anyone get any Thunder and lightning outside of south Jersey/PA?

We're on the wrong side of the front. Plenty of moisture and lift but low on instability. Almost felt like April out there this morning.

The low of 63 around noon today in NYC is the coolest temperature of July so far. Pretty rare if NYC doesn't get any cooler this week for a monthly min to happen in the afternoon. I believe the last time was on June 8th, 2016 with the cold core meso that crossed the area that dropped it to 52.

go_cgi.gif.eb50b433d906a0d463183195270a4852.gif

25 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Tornado warning in NE PA. That storm also looked like it had a serious hail core. Let's see if anything survives into the metro 

Watching the storm in the Pottsville, PA area headed into my area.  It is severe warned.  Has some radar indicated rotation associated with it as it heads towards the Allentown / Bethlehem / Easton area of eastern PA.  

14 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Marine air will kill most of it.   Models don't show much making it....

Par for the course. I was just in PA this weekend and they have had an incredible amount of rain this summer. Looks like Ireland everything is so green. It could transform itself into a strataform rain blob

34 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Watching the storm in the Pottsville, PA area headed into my area.  It is severe warned.  Has some radar indicated rotation associated with it as it heads towards the Allentown / Bethlehem / Easton area of eastern PA.  

Storm just west of Allentown now has a nice hail core with it.

Archived