Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea its been really hot here...my average July temp here is 76.9...today is the 7th July day over 90. 

What is ISP avg temp so far?

76.2 so far for ISP. And an area of dryness has developed in Suffolk on the drought monitor update yesterday.

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Hopefully, the stalled out front with weak waves of low pressure can deliver from Sat night on. But you never know exactly where the best overrunning will set up until nowcast time.

Think it hits 90 again tomorrow or too many clouds?

39 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yea its been really hot here...my average July temp here is 76.9...today is the 7th July day over 90. 

What is ISP avg temp so far?

How many 90 degree days do you have so far for the year?  Today is my 6th for the month and 12th of the season.

JFK just hit 93 so they might get to 95 today for the first time (we've touched 95 three times here but not gone over, once in June and twice in July.)

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

How many 90 degree days do you have so far for the year?  Today is my 6th for the month and 12th of the season.

JFK just hit 93 so they might get to 95 today for the first time (we've touched 95 three times here but not gone over, once in June and twice in July.)

I'm also at 12. High temp of 98 on June 13. 

Pretty extreme run of the Euro. I can't remember the last time Euro printed out over 4" of rain in under 6 hrs. Has a total max over 5" south of Long Island right along the low track with very little north or south of that zone.

11 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Pretty extreme run of the Euro. I can't remember the last time Euro printed out over 4" of rain in under 6 hrs. Has a total max over 5" south of Long Island right along the low track with very little north or south of that zone.

Just saw it..epic rain event for the fishes b/w 1am and 7am Sunday--move that 50 miles north and LI has major flooding

1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

Hey I just realized, if it doesn't rain today or tomorrow and the first drops we see are on Sunday that will be the longest we've gone without rain since early June. The longest we've gone since then is exactly 48 hours. It rained here yesterday around 7pm.

Last Friday here.  So 7 days which is by far the longest of the spring/summer.  Grass is burning out fast....

Archived