Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, psv88 said:

It looks massive from where I am 4 miles nw of it...

I can imagine. And it's the only cloud in the sky so it's really standing out.

I can see a second mini-storm brewing next to it, it's <10 miles further east on radar, but it looks like it's right next to the first storm from my vantage point.

8 minutes ago, psv88 said:

It's brutal out there. Most uncomfortable day of the summer. 91/76 here, HI 104 and it's currently cloudy...

I am at 85/74 but it feels much warmer due to the high humidity. That tower that went up to my NE was one of the narrowest that I have seen in a while. The 75 dewpoint level seems to be the point to get convection to fire on the seabreeze front like FL.

26 minutes ago, bluewave said:

NYC has a new mesonet site. But the 311 foot rooftop sensor is too high for accurate temps near the surface. From the coordinates, it looks like the roof of Hunter College. Should be a good spot for wind gusts. The cam is nice with Central Park in the background.

http://www.nysmesonet.org/mesonow#?stid=MANH

Thats really high. Not suprising though, its hard to find a spot that can clear the shadows of surrounding bldgs in Manhattan.

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Seabreeze front is slowly sagging back south on the island, maybe it will bring down the dews a bit, lord knows it didnt cool us down at all.

Temp spiked at BDR From 87 to 92 when the DP's dropped, so robbing Peter to pay Paul....although 92/65 feels alot better than 87/75

Archived