joxey
July 2017 Observations & Discussions Thread

bluewave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Down to 65 here. Incredible for summer after a high of 93 yesterday 

Really steady pattern since the last heatwave June 11-13. This current cooldown may be followed by another short 2 day warm up next week. So if this pattern with all these clouds and convection continues, we could make the first July since 2014 without an official 3 day heatwave at places like EWR and LGA.

KEWR_2017071400_ecmwf_min_max_10.thumb.png.792da94c88bfcc9b530bb5604dc07282.png

12 hours ago, Rjay said:

Something is wrong.  After looking at the other highs, there's no way I hit 94. I'll go with what KFRG had.

That's how I felt about my 96 (95.7), but I have three thermometers placed in different positions, there's no way they were all wrong.

91, 93, 96 for this heat wave.

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Mind boggling, the southern half of the city and island in between two heavy rain maximums again! Hoping for the northern batch to drop south faster before it misses here in SE Nassau 

it's sagging south a bit-the whole island should get some rains today....

13 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Mind boggling, the southern half of the city and island in between two heavy rain maximums again! Hoping for the northern batch to drop south faster before it misses here in SE Nassau 

Only 0.09 here this AM so far and 0.01 yesterday lol

3 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Torrential rain right now, i have a cool vantage point from my new office, its on the 3rd floor and a hill, so i can watch the visibility slowly decrease when heavy rain hits, pretty wild.

Looks like the kind of downpour on the LIE and Southern State where you really have to slowdown since the wipers can't keep up.

WUNIDS_map.gif.43c57c3122b4d5812cfe9d0eda5e370e.gif

2 hours ago, uncle W said:

electronic thermometers should be backed up with a mercury max/min thermometer...I had a set up like that and every once and a while the electronic one was off a few degrees...

Have 3 thermometers in two different shelters (no mercury), so if my official is off, I'll know it.

Archived