Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

58 for a high so far today with gorgeous blue skies.  Cool tonight with a low in my point of 40.  MQT's record low tonight is 40, so that could be broken.  Also possible that Spincich Lake, Doe Lake, and Baraga plains could see temps low enough for a light frost.  Happens about once or twice a summer in those locations.

Looks like excellent viewing of the northern lights tonight!

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

12z Euro has widespread 105-107 degree heat from west-central IL through southeastern Iowa Saturday.  850s above 25°C.

Makes sense if 850's are actually that warm and there's good mixing.  But that's the question, isn't it.  Ha

On July 15, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Snowstorms said:

This upcoming week doesn't look to bad. Besides tomorrows rain showers, it should be sunny and warm till atleast Wednesday. About time!

Can you believe it hasn't rained in Vancouver in a month!

That's crazy, I didn't know that.

It was another terrible day of weather after Saturday's mostly clear weather (except evening). Got some rain and a couple loud booms. Can't stand this.

22 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah it definitely feels a lot more muggy out there compared to earlier.  Could see some thunderheads on the northwestern horizon at sunset from those developing storms in northeast IA.  

Yeah I'm hoping to head out for this.  Gonna bring a full can of Deep Woods Off with me lol.

Not looking good now for the lights.

2 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Early preview of fall in the air this morning with a low of 38.  MQT tied their record low of 40, Sawyer 37, Spincich Lake 36, and Doe lake 34.  Sunny and warmer today!

IMG_2535.JPG.dee74ea107a00f0ba1843732f5b9318b.JPG

At 6:54 KIND was at 70. See what you are missing down here!

1 hour ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Possible heat burst overnight on the 16th.

http://www.weather.gov/lot/2017jul16_heatburst

Good catch by whomever caught it. Speaking of the Plains, there was one recently out in Omaha where the temp jumped to around 90 overnight.  Although it is less common in this part of the country, my guess is that overall these things happen more frequently than previously thought.  It's easy to miss... you really have to be looking at obs.

42 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Enjoyed the last day of pleasant conditions with dews generally in the lower 60s.  

Here's what the 18z GFS shows for peak dews this week for here.  Gonna get sweaty.

Tue 76
Wed 80
Thu 79
Fri 80
Sat 82

Would hate to have a leather interior if I lived out there, you'd melt to the seat.

6 hours ago, josh_4184 said:

APX had a great shot of the Northern Lights the other night. I tried to stay up to view but did not get going until late. 

Here's a picture from Facebook of the bridge. The post said that they didn't really get going until about 3 AM

636358718195137189-Capture.PNG

44 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

1.1" of rain and a lightening strike 10' from the house. literally sh*t myself... never a dull moment!

IMG_2540.JPG.e1b96acc7048df701c7fcf24506b5c7f.JPG

Damn, if that happened to me, I would have been patching the hole in my ceiling as I would have jumped out of the chair I was in. That certainly beats the strike I saw about an 1/6th of a mile away back in April. That was so loud and the ground shook so violently when it hit behind the other tower to my south.

32 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Damn, if that happened to me, I would have been patching the hole in my ceiling as I would have jumped out of the chair I was in. That certainly beats the strike I saw about an 1/6th of a mile away back in April. That was so loud and the ground shook so violently when it hit behind the other tower to my south.

Not to be too dramatic, but it felt like a bomb went off. I was probably 20' away standing at a window watching the storm and it knocked me back a few steps.  Somewhere in my mind for a hair of second, I did think a bomb blew up. My poor cat farted (never heard a cat fart before)and pissed herself, and has been hiding since.  I don't know if she's scared or embarrassed, so I'll let her be.

Even tho it didn't hit my house, several led bulbs that were on actually started flickering and smoking.  Replaced the bulbs and the lights seem fine.

28 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Ahh man, that's what we were hoping to see down here lol.

I remember the one in 2003 I think it was. Was even able to see it in LAF.

Another 1859 type event would be cool to see.  Not good for electronics though.

Archived