Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Powerball said:

Hey, at least DAY wasn't 89'd, right? ;)

DAY has not been 89'd at all so far this "Summer." So far today, DAY barely got a trace of all the storms that passed throughout the day, yet topped out at 87.

Found an interesting excerpt in the Long-Range Section of today's AFD from NWS IND:

Am skeptical that these mid level
heights can make it into central Indiana as the models have been
consistently hinting at that in the 5-7 day range for the last few
weeks before eventually backing off in the following days.

29 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I remember that record day in 1992.   It actually occurred overnight as a train set up and it was like a severe thunderstorm that lasted for hours.   I believe many places around CMH recorded upwards of 8".

Btw, looking at the current radar, that 2.82 is not going to be the final for today's date.

That's exactly what happened in Mount Forest, Ontario and surrounding places this June 23 very early in the morning (11:00 pm - 6:00 am) minus the severe part. It would be around 6" or 158 mm of rain.

Its was a very dark gloomy day with a chilly breeze today. I actually felt cold outside when the forecast was to be dank sticky July fare. Another bust.

1 hour ago, Spartman said:

DAY has not been 89'd at all so far this "Summer." So far today, DAY barely got a trace of all the storms that passed throughout the day, yet topped out at 87.

Found an interesting excerpt in the Long-Range Section of today's AFD from NWS IND:

Am skeptical that these mid level
heights can make it into central Indiana as the models have been
consistently hinting at that in the 5-7 day range for the last few
weeks before eventually backing off in the following days.

The ECMWF/GEM in particular are bullish on getting those 594 dm heights into the area.  

3 hours ago, ThisIsNotSparta said:

Been hanging around 60 degrees here in Toronto. Cold northeast wind. Getting better as time goes on.

Last summer gave me high expectations for this one, got let down I guess

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Today was down right miserable lmao. 

This summer has been terrible so far. Rains almost everyday.

Last summer was an exception. Was a warm one and the warmest since 2012. 

18 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

I've been fine with this summer thus far. I look at it as being "unsettled" and there has been a ton of rain but it hasn't gotten in my way too much. I do have a problem with the lack of sunshine (last 2 days its been very dark overcast).

Last summer was the warmest on record.

8 hours ago, buckeye said:

I remember that record day in 1992.   It actually occurred overnight as a train set up and it was like a severe thunderstorm that lasted for hours.   I believe many places around CMH recorded upwards of 8".

Btw, looking at the current radar, that 2.82 is not going to be the final for today's date.

Oh no, I didn't intend that it would be. Was just posting the 5pm daily climate update and went off that. Ended up with 3.11" which is good for #10 all time.

1. 5.13″  July 13, 1992
  2. 4.79″  January 21, 1959
  3. 3.76″  July 11, 1897
  4. 3.60″  August 11, 1915
  5. 3.59″  September 12, 1938
  6. 3.40″  March 9, 1964
  7. 3.39″  July, 15, 1947
  8. 3.25″  March 4, 1964
  9. 3.17″  August 5th, 1995
  10. 3.11″  Today (July 13, 2017)

The weather has been less than desirable. The temperature has been in the low/mid 50's since the evening of the 11th, except for a short time last night when it dropped to 49. The humidity has essentially been 100% as well and besides the fog, I recorded 0.61" of rain yesterday. There wasn't much wind, but that didn't matter. Its been bad.  July running -2.4 degrees.

Sun returns today... forecast is for 70.

8 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

I was sweating my ass off yesterday. I'm looking forward to cooler days again.

8 hours ago, Torchageddon said:

I've been fine with this summer thus far. I look at it as being "unsettled" and there has been a ton of rain but it hasn't gotten in my way too much. I do have a problem with the lack of sunshine (last 2 days its been very dark overcast).

The summer of slow broil.

June was 1F above normal, July was 2F above normal and August was 4.1F above normal.

You wouldn't think that would be close to a warmest ever. I think for Lansing, MI, it was a top 5 warmest ever.

8 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

I agree, we're on the third overcast day in a row and it's honestly aggravating. Is mid 20s and sunny really so much to ask for?

27 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Only 74 today due to lots of clouds.  Dews down below 60 most of the day.  Definitely a huge change compared to Wednesday.

EDIT:  Just looked at this morning's Euro.  Better enjoy this cool weather, as it looks like mid 90s start next Tueday for several days.

Yeah, potential is there to get fairly hot but have to be wary of possible convective interference.

Nah, when has that ever happened? :pepsi:

We'll see what the 00z Euro run shows tonight but the 12z run slightly trended toward the GFS and Canadian which have been consistently showing the more active ring of fire type setup being farther south into IA, IL and IN. It's all about the strength and position of the ridge, which looking at Thursday's 12z Euro vs Friday's, Friday's run showed a bit weaker and farther southwest mid level ridge position.

10 hours ago, RCNYILWX said:

We'll see what the 00z Euro run shows tonight but the 12z run slightly trended toward the GFS and Canadian which have been consistently showing the more active ring of fire type setup being farther south into IA, IL and IN. It's all about the strength and position of the ridge, which looking at Thursday's 12z Euro vs Friday's, Friday's run showed a bit weaker and farther southwest mid level ridge position.

Now the 12z GFS got a bit stronger with the ridge midweek.  Maybe we will get a happy medium.

18 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Better enjoy this cool weather, as it looks like mid 90s start next Tueday for several days.

Yeah, it looks pretty warm, especially with the 12z GFS shifting north.  However, back in June the Euro consistently had mid to upper 90s here for multiple days and the best we could do was low 90s.

Yeah, it looks pretty warm, especially with the 12z GFS shifting north.  However, back in June the Euro consistently had mid to upper 90s here for multiple days and the best we could do was low 90s.

It seems to have a warm bias in warmest areas. It did the same thing this past week.

Likely will be the same for the upcoming period as well.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:05 AM, Torchageddon said:

This upcoming week doesn't look to bad. Besides tomorrows rain showers, it should be sunny and warm till atleast Wednesday. About time!

Can you believe it hasn't rained in Vancouver in a month!

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

One thing's for sure, if the heat doesn't build in too strong it still looks humid as hell lol.  Sure hope the GFS is overdoing moisture, as this would be pretty awful lol.

I started sweating just looking at that map. I sure hope that it has a high dew bias as well as a warm one.

EDIT: Regarding the Euro/GEM vs. GFS ridge placement battle, I had to lol at Todd at North Webster in his discussion:

Blended pop guidance remains an unmitigated disaster and will continue with 
significant targeted adjustments Wed-Fri.

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

One thing's for sure, if the heat doesn't build in too strong it still looks humid as hell lol.  Sure hope the GFS is overdoing moisture, as this would be pretty awful lol.

f7uiw.jpg

Probably overdone, but it will undoubtedly be muggy.

4 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

f7uiw.jpg

Would be like walking through JELLO :lol:

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I started sweating just looking at that map. I sure hope that it has a high dew bias as well as a warm one.

EDIT: Regarding the Euro/GEM vs. GFS ridge placement battle, I had to lol at Todd at North Webster in his discussion:

Blended pop guidance remains an unmitigated disaster and will continue with 
significant targeted adjustments Wed-Fri.

By far, the most accurate forecast I've ever seen from a Meteorologist.

7 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

At 6am this morning the dewpoint was 53.  Now, it's 72.

Yeah it definitely feels a lot more muggy out there compared to earlier.  Could see some thunderheads on the northwestern horizon at sunset from those developing storms in northeast IA.  

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

For the sky watchers, might have a shot at the northern lights tomorrow night.

Yeah I'm hoping to head out for this.  Gonna bring a full can of Deep Woods Off with me lol.

Archived