Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2017 Discussion

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topped out at 92 here today. 

Going to be exceptionally dry here this month, unless we can manage to get an MCS or something to move through central IA in the near future. Currently Ames is at 0.02" for the month, and only 1.06" since June 15th. DSM is doing slightly better just because they managed a couple popup storms over the last few weeks, but for the most part I would expect a pretty widespread drought across the state

18 hours ago, Hoosier said:

30dPNormMRCC.png.c5199202c4fbd13901dd3a6e3c47a6c8.png

Thank goodness this is not a winter map! When driving north on Friday it was noticeable how much more lush and green everything was once north of the Detroit metro area. We have gotten much needed rain since Friday however. Got 1.27" at DTW and 1.00" imby Fri and today DTW had 0.50" and though I havent measured it poured quite a bit.

This morning was another day when a morning MCS provided some rain for Toledo, with 0.95" and 1.20" reported in the last 24 hours at Toledo airports. When I lived there, many times when MCSs would die and give Toledo/SE Michigan relatively boring gray weather in the morning hours, sometimes with no lightning.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I see STL got to 101 today, which suggests that 100s are a lock tomorrow.

The airports in St. Louis metro were quite hot and somewhat dry. They had lower dew points around St. Louis. Otherwise it was mainly 92 with dew point around 70-76.

I noticed there's a 10 degree spread in the record highs for today between the official records for Chicago and Midway Airport (97 at the official site of the University of Chicago in 1936, and 107 at Midway in 1936).  Got me thinking about how much hotter those 1930s heatwaves would look in the official records for Chicago had the official site been located farther away from the lake.

Only topped at 82 thanks to the MCS which really punished IND while DAY received 0.18". Based on NWS and TWC (which originally fluctuated between 90 and 91 for tomorrow's forecast high), it's nearly definite that I'll get 89'd and/or only topping out in the upper 80s.

1 hour ago, Spartman said:

Only topped at 82 thanks to the MCS which really punished IND while DAY received 0.18". Based on NWS and TWC (which originally fluctuated between 90 and 91 for tomorrow's forecast high), it's nearly definite that I'll get 89'd.

I hope you do :)

Archived