• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The August 21, 2017 Great American Eclipse

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

On the move out of NE....headed for central MO or further SE....will be totality path soon though when I cross into MO

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!

The convection allowing model runs last night showed a lot of promise especially the closer you get to St. Louis.

7 minutes ago, winterymix said:

We are headed for FELIX VALLE HOUSE STATE HISTORIC SITE in SE Missouri in case you want to join us.

443-789-9680

Cool... that's near my original target but am seriously contemplating a move into KY. Odds seem at least slightly better there. Gonna have to decide very soon.  Waiting for early visible satellite images...  

One thing to watch for in southeast MO and southern IL is moisture convergence initiating storms. The GFS, HRRR, and to a lesser extent the Euro show this. We are still targeting southeast of St. Louis and will probably head down I-55 and possibly cross the Mississippi at Chester, IL. Morning rush hour traffic on I-55 is north towards downtown STL...obviously so I'm hoping I-55 southbound will be clear. I-270 southbound is sometimes slow in the mornings, but it usually flows pretty well too.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Triple Creek Park giving out free eclipse glasses in Gallatin.  Huge venue so it doesn't seem that crowded.  Made a good choice.  Mainly clear still 

Impressed, want to know of Gallatin was skill or luck.  Ste Geneviere, mo    getting dim out and some cumulus, hopefully they disipaite