Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I lived up that way when that tornado ripped through 20-25yrs ago.

I lived in Collegeville, about 4 miles from where the tornado hit. We had severe storms but nothing like in Limerick. Now I live 2 miles from it. 

I had a couple rounds of drenching downpours here yesterday. Some minor street flooding.

1 hour ago, mattinpa said:

I lived in Collegeville, about 4 miles from where the tornado hit. We had severe storms but nothing like in Limerick. Now I live 2 miles from it. 

I had a couple rounds of drenching downpours here yesterday. Some minor street flooding.

I lived at a friends house in Linfield at that time so I was pretty close. The side/siding of his house took a major beating from the hail. So did our cars but they were kinda junkers anyways. It was eventful but fun at the same time...

38 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

DP dropping...down to 69F. Not great but I can actually feel the difference. It's better than the mid 70s.

0.17 so far today. 

Front has been sagging down into the area.  Still steamy here though (although temp is 72F), but at least I know it's coming!  Plants did get a good drink.  Raining lightly here and up to 0.21" so far for the day.

41 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Front has been sagging down into the area.  Still steamy here though (although temp is 72F), but at least I know it's coming!  Plants did get a good drink.  Raining lightly here and up to 0.21" so far for the day.

Just stepped outside when I saw a steady breeze going and the dry air is finally trickling in.  Definitely makes a difference.  Got another 0.01" since my last post.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Just stepped outside when I saw a steady breeze going and the dry air is finally trickling in.  Definitely makes a difference.  Got another 0.01" since my last post.

It hit me 2 or so hours ago which makes sense because I'm a little NW. Perfect timing for the weekend...should be a non-AC good sleeping night.

57 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It hit me 2 or so hours ago which makes sense because I'm a little NW. Perfect timing for the weekend...should be a non-AC good sleeping night.

Pretty muggy here still - 81F, 77 DP. Got 0.02" of rainfall yesterday, so far about 0.32" this morning. That may change shortly however - this line popped up in the last hour....

radar-7-14-17-pm.jpg

7 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Pretty muggy here still - 81F, 77 DP. Got 0.02" of rainfall yesterday, so far about 0.32" this morning. That may change shortly however - this line popped up in the last hour....

radar-7-14-17-pm.jpg

Severe Thunderstorm Watch just posted for the southern portion of the CWA (Philly and south).  The air seems pretty stable up here in NW Philly (and north) which might hinder tstorms but I expect it is more unstable down your way.  It's in the 90s down in D.C.  Currently 71F here and overcast.

54 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Severe Thunderstorm Watch just posted for the southern portion of the CWA (Philly and south).  The air seems pretty stable up here in NW Philly (and north) which might hinder tstorms but I expect it is more unstable down your way.  It's in the 90s down in D.C.  Currently 71F here and overcast.

Warned here now for 60 mph winds and penny sized hail....eta about 15 minutes - can hear a lot of thunder. Gonna go sit outside for a bit...currently 78F, DP 74.

48 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Squirrels should seek shelter ASAP!

Lol, they did. Mainly just a lot of rain and lightning/thunder here, not much wind, no hail....still ongoing but nearing the back end...1.10" of rain so far. 73F and 71 DP.

Update - misread the rain gauge (from inside) earlier - 2.20" total rain from this storm, 2.52" for the day.

Best storm I've ever seen, hands down. And that includes the tornado I saw in 2012 in MD. SPC nailed that supercell down here. Ping pong ball sized hail for a while, and I think I had a small tornado, or at least a circulation pass over me. Winds went nuts and shifted directions a couple times.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

.85" on the day and 1.45" this event.

71F high

Looks wet on a regular basis the next two weeks. Nice low watering agriculture season, near 3.80" locally at mid month.

Great for the garden(s)....even every other day is excellent.

The heat builds a bit next week (upper 80s to around 90 several days) but not overbearing.

Someone may get lucky w/popup....a couple pesky critters moving ESE.

pop.jpg

Thursday night produced the wildest lightning storm I've ever witnessed.  Looked like the sky was being illuminated by a strobe light for hours.  Unfortunately, the rain was so heavy, it obscured most of the CG strikes.  I caught a break, though, when a storm crossed the Delaware Bay to the south of me and entered Cape May County where it produced a countless number of visible CG strikes.  Below is one of many images I captured of simultaneous strikes.  Was a wild night.   Cumberland, Atlantic, and Cape May Counties took a beating with lightning over the last two days.   

DSC_5936-3 3x2.jpg

Screenshot of lightning downsized.jpg

11 hours ago, BBasile said:

Thursday night produced the wildest lightning storm I've ever witnessed.  Looked like the sky was being illuminated by a strobe light for hours.  Unfortunately, the rain was so heavy, it obscured most of the CG strikes.  I caught a break, though, when a storm crossed the Delaware Bay to the south of me and entered Cape May County where it produced a countless number of visible CG strikes.  Below is one of many images I captured of simultaneous strikes.  Was a wild night.   Cumberland, Atlantic, and Cape May Counties took a beating with lightning over the last two days.   

DSC_5936-3 3x2.jpg

Very nice - awesome you got to watch in real time.

Archived