Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah that's why the higher qpfs.  There are some slow-moving cells embedded in the blobs.  The heaviest stuff is still just to my south and have rec'd 0.06" since the rain started.  Temp is 74F.

Chester and Delaware Counties are just getting pummeled 

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Rain intensity has increased but no signs of lightning/thunder...

The convection has been breaking apart as the complex moves NE.  Am guessing because it is moving into "cooler" more stable air compared to further south. I've only picked up 0.12" since it started (at least so far).

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The convection has been breaking apart as the complex moves NE.  Am guessing because it is moving into "cooler" more stable air compared to further south. I've only picked up 0.12" since it started (at least so far).

Yeah, if one is looking for excitement, this is not the deal. Many of us will receive .5" + of lazy steady rain. I'm currently at .36" for the day after 1.01" yesterday....not bad and still going. Then Tues happens w/temps struggling to hit 80 and lower moisture in the air...it'll be nice and the A/C's will catch a break.

Pretty much wound down here for now....2.90" total this evening - a nice rainy summer night on the porch :). Maybe some showers later on according to the latest HRRR, but this has been nice. No wind to speak of, but plenty of rain with some cloud lightning once in a while. Currently 71F, 70 DP.

Archived