Welcome to American Weather
Rtd208

E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

344 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Look at radar major soaker coming to everybody, I will eat my shirt if this fails.

You should be safe....picked up 1.15" additional in the last 35 minutes, a little over 1.50" so far....

1 minute ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Looking at radar it doesn't look to be moving all that fast either.

In addition, stuff building out by Pitt moving E....wee/early Mon morning hours around our general area?

pt.jpg

Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

Looking at radar it doesn't look to be moving all that fast either.

Yeah that's why the higher qpfs.  There are some slow-moving cells embedded in the blobs.  The heaviest stuff is still just to my south and have rec'd 0.06" since the rain started.  Temp is 74F.

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yeah that's why the higher qpfs.  There are some slow-moving cells embedded in the blobs.  The heaviest stuff is still just to my south and have rec'd 0.06" since the rain started.  Temp is 74F.

Chester and Delaware Counties are just getting pummeled 

1 minute ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Chester and Delaware Counties are just getting pummeled 

It seems to be hitting these hills here in NW Philly and diffusing a bit.  Still only getting light to moderate rain but hearing quite a bit of thunder off in the distance.

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Rain intensity has increased but no signs of lightning/thunder...

The convection has been breaking apart as the complex moves NE.  Am guessing because it is moving into "cooler" more stable air compared to further south. I've only picked up 0.12" since it started (at least so far).

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

The convection has been breaking apart as the complex moves NE.  Am guessing because it is moving into "cooler" more stable air compared to further south. I've only picked up 0.12" since it started (at least so far).

Yeah, if one is looking for excitement, this is not the deal. Many of us will receive .5" + of lazy steady rain. I'm currently at .36" for the day after 1.01" yesterday....not bad and still going. Then Tues happens w/temps struggling to hit 80 and lower moisture in the air...it'll be nice and the A/C's will catch a break.