Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Got down to 50 this morning. Felt like fall on the commute to work. 50 this time of year feels like 40.

51 here this morning. Probably had to be in Berks County N and W to see upper 40's. According to Wunderground Reading only made it down to 53F which I found odd.

I had the long sleeve sweatshirt on this morning around 9am cutting the lawn. Temps still in the 50s w/a breeze...

Currently 67.9F

44 here this morning.

BTW, is anyone watching the models wrt Irma. The last 2 GFS runs (fantasyland) have Irma pretty much spinning up the coast and right into SEPA and southern NJ respectively. It's way out there, and obviously, like a mid winter snowstorm, can go one of many directions, but following this thing is getting more interesting by the day. I think she poses a legitimate threat at this time.

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

44 here this morning.

BTW, is anyone watching the models wrt Irma. The last 2 GFS runs (fantasyland) have Irma pretty much spinning up the coast and right into SEPA and southern NJ respectively. It's way out there, and obviously, like a mid winter snowstorm, can go one of many directions, but following this thing is getting more interesting by the day. I think she poses a legitimate threat at this time.

I've been following the thread.  It's pretty insane and a weenie lovefest.  But I also know that it will all depend on what happens with the synoptic setup over the CONUS regarding the persistent west ridge/east trough, and how amplified that is as it approaches.  Am also scratching my head at this cool pattern and what that means for the rest of fall and eventually winter (and whether there will be a major pattern flip at any point).  Used to be a pattern hung around about 6 weeks and then something kicked it towards a new pattern.  Now the patterns seem to last longer.

Currently 56F and starting to cloud over after a pretty pre-sunrise before the clouds rolled in.

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

44 here this morning.

Make that the last 3 runs.

models.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

After it took most of the day to moisten up the atmosphere, now getting some on and off light rain (from a nearby low mixed in with Harvey's remnants).  Temp currently 66F.

Would have been highly annoying if we were waiting for snow.

Some mist/super light rain falling....heavier stuff to our SW.

mist.jpg

9 hours ago, Voyager said:

44 here this morning.

I saw the 0z run and the 850 level 125mph winds in Bucks County, been thinking it will be the best kite flying weather I will ever see.

Seriously though storms where this one is now end up fish 90% of the time and 9.999% of the rest of the time would never make landfall in Maryland and cruise into Lancaster county and destroy the power grid in multiple states so fun to look at it but you know.

Morning low 48F first 40's of the season.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Would have been highly annoying if we were waiting for snow.

Some mist/super light rain falling....heavier stuff to our SW.

mist.jpg

Got a wee bit heavier bout just after 3 pm and am up to 0.07".  Nothing tropical-feeling about this current rain (cold raindrops), so not much if any Harvey in it.  Temp down 5 degrees since last post and it is currently 61F with light rain.

Today's high so far in Chester County has been 59.9 - with rain now back down to 57.2....if we do not pop back up to 60 degrees this will mark the earliest recorded maximum temperature below 60 degrees in the last 35 years of Chester County weather above 600 feet (1983 to Present). Previous record was September 14 in 2013 at 59.1. That is an impressive record by almost 2 weeks!!

1 hour ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Today's high so far in Chester County has been 59.9 - with rain now back down to 57.2....if we do not pop back up to 60 degrees this will mark the earliest recorded maximum temperature below 60 degrees in the last 35 years of Chester County weather above 600 feet (1983 to Present). Previous record was September 14 in 2013 at 59.1. That is an impressive record by almost 2 weeks!!

I thought it was very unusual what was going on wow

Picked up 0.72" total, mostly from noon to midnight in the occasional showers moving up from the south (2ndary more than Harvey). Yesterday was the 3rd day out of 5 here that the high maxed out in the 60's. Low never made it below 52 but I'm enjoying the fall preview! A bit warmer and more humid for 3 days or so shouldn't be too hard to take.

Had to run to the store around noonish and it was.... raining!  Or actually doing some "Florida-like" misty stratiform stuff.  And the humidity is pretty rough given the temps have been in the 60s (not clammy but sticky).  It added 0.01" to my total for today (so far), so am up to 0.05".  Currently 69F and overcast.

Archived