Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Climate summary today here in Chester County Hi/Lo 77.7/63.9 while down in Sea Isle City NJ 78.0/68.4

Currently cloudy with showers about 40 miles west of Chesco while as you see below Sunny and 76.6 in SIC - steady sea breeze all day down there!

I am feeling mighty confident that here in beautiful Chester County we will now end the summer of 2017 with just 1 day above 90 all year - and that 90 on June 13th was before summer officially began - ya gotta love climate change!

SICHi.20170811_175701.jpg

Global warming is measured globally. A single station in Chester county means zero.  Globally we still continue to warm and at an alarming pace

40 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

After more monsoon style weather last night ABE already at 5" for the month after over 8" last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha the difference between my backyard and 15-20 miles north of here has been incredible lately, just a trace last night.

Living the groundhog movie second half of summer in the garden. Skipped the garden watering AGAIN and the good chance of rain failed, and again a part 2 equal good chance today looks terrible on radar in Central PA so i will water and then likely a drenching rain between 5-7pm. will commence.

The line out in Central PA looks to be getting it's act together. I don't know what's going on south of me, but here, the sun has been popping through holes in the overcast. If we get some substantial clearing, it should help things along. I will be in your sub-forum territory later this afternoon as we are going to Musikfest tonight in Bethlehem.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

The line out in Central PA looks to be getting it's act together. I don't know what's going on south of me, but here, the sun has been popping through holes in the overcast. If we get some substantial clearing, it should help things along. I will be in your sub-forum territory later this afternoon as we are going to Musikfest tonight in Bethlehem.

Never got to that music thing but I like the farm fair in Allentown last week of the summer.

Line looks fair kinda has a big gap. Too early to be able to tell if the NAM will choke or be the only one with the right idea.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

SPC just threw up a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Philly north and west.

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 447
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
245 PM EDT SAT AUG 12 2017

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 447 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC001-011-015-017-025-029-037-041-043-045-055-067-069-071-075-
077-079-081-089-091-093-095-097-099-101-103-107-109-113-115-119-
127-131-133-130100-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0447.170812T1845Z-170813T0100Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ADAMS                BERKS               BRADFORD
BUCKS                CARBON              CHESTER
COLUMBIA             CUMBERLAND          DAUPHIN
DELAWARE             FRANKLIN            JUNIATA
LACKAWANNA           LANCASTER           LEBANON
LEHIGH               LUZERNE             LYCOMING
MONROE               MONTGOMERY          MONTOUR
NORTHAMPTON          NORTHUMBERLAND      PERRY
PHILADELPHIA         PIKE                SCHUYLKILL
SNYDER               SULLIVAN            SUSQUEHANNA
UNION                WAYNE               WYOMING
YORK
$$

ATTN...WFO...PHI...CTP...BGM...ALY...BUF...

Currently 79F and partly cloudy with sun popping in and out.

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

Dragging the old kinky hose out that always knots up and pisses me off but I am too cheap to buy a new one, expect a drenching later today especially locally.

I feel your annoyance - drag them out, wrap them up, drag them out, wrap them up again. And it's almost always warm and humid. I'm considering burying some tubing for some "hose outposts" in the not to distant future...

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

What if it gets to you after 6 pm? Chances are 60% this evening....lol. Hoping we all get something - a  quarter to a half inch would be nice.

lol whatever is left of the line, the northern half has died in the mountains will arrive around 6pm! Afternoon chance dropped to 20% ;)

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

The line looks small/narrow shaky at best....not real impressed.

Musikfest is pretty cool for those who have not yet attended. Haven't been there for a decade or so but it sounds the same.     

line.jpg

Not impressive at all in Bethlehem. Enough rain to somewhat wet the ground and that was it.

Archived