Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, wxradio said:

IMG_3150.thumb.PNG.81d61bf0741e30d1a57b8514ef279844.PNG

My acurite weather gauge reported 5.64 inches in over two hours. Rte 130 in Burlington City near the Burlington Bristol Bridge approach is flooded hood deep on cars and water rescues were in progress.

Flood.JPG

flood 2.JPG

Holy crap.  Was wondering of that blob that sat and percolated was near the bridge area.  Anyone know if Bristol had similar amounts on this side of the river?

Awesome there is a new lake for the region I thought so

Watching all the storms that developed north of me when they passed my yard. Can see veritable rivers dropping from the sky and vivid lightning, that also should use up most of the available energy for the overnight chance.

After over 8" in july we are starting August at 2" already. This is the wettest summer I can ever remember. Last summer was one of the driest I can remember. So many extremes in our weather anymore. Very large snowstorms over the last several years up here with great temperature variability in all seasons. Just weird stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Holy crap.  Was wondering of that blob that sat and percolated was near the bridge area.  Anyone know if Bristol had similar amounts on this side of the river?

I live on the Levittown/Bristol border and we were right on the edge. we got 2.3" of rain but it wasn't a consistent deluge. it would stop and start and stop and start for a good 2 hours so we didn't see any flash flooding but still got a real good soaker. other than the rain, that storm had the best lightning display of summer. had 7 or 8  really close strikes <1 mile away and thunder was constant. also, winds gusted occasionally around 40 mph if I had to guess as we had several small branches come down. I think it was the best storm of summer here. 

41 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I live on the Levittown/Bristol border and we were right on the edge. we got 2.3" of rain but it wasn't a consistent deluge. it would stop and start and stop and start for a good 2 hours so we didn't see any flash flooding but still got a real good soaker. other than the rain, that storm had the best lightning display of summer. had 7 or 8  really close strikes <1 mile away and thunder was constant. also, winds gusted occasionally around 40 mph if I had to guess as we had several small branches come down. I think it was the best storm of summer here. 

I was watching it on the radar and it kept back-building and spreading after starting as an innocent strong dot over NE Philly.  I noticed this morning that I got some sprinkles overnight (plant leaves were wet) but not enough to tip the bucket.

29 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Not watering the garden this evening....counting on a storm overnight . It's a 30% probability so I'm thinking it's a lock.

lock.jpg

That's not working any more at least for me. Models are adamant that beneficial rains don't make it south of Lehigh Valley.

All watered up here let's see what happens

21 hours ago, LVLion77 said:

Getting pounded up here in lehigh valley. Hail and great cloud to ground as well. Radar between allentown and reading looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and our neighbor sat out and watched the distant light show from that storm...all the way up here in Tamaqua. She shot a pretty cool video of it.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

My wife and our neighbor sat out and watched the distant light show from that storm...all the way up here in Tamaqua. She shot a pretty cool video of it.

That storm was incredible here in Fleetwood. The lightning was insane and knocked out my power until midnight! Not much wind, no hail, but the lightning was something else.

Archived