Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I was in King of Prussia today. Got  drilled w/a heavy thunderstorm around 1pm. Thunder/lightning/gusty winds/heavy rain and pea size hail. It was a nice one...

Nice to know real thunderstorms can still happen in some places.

Tomorrow I have to make the dreaded do i water or is it actually going to rain enough decision again, last time i did that it poured after the watering.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Tomorrow I have to make the dreaded do i water or is it actually going to rain enough decision again, last time i did that it poured after the watering.

Fri night/Sat morning seem like your next best chance. Even tomorrow and Friday during the day/afternoon you have a chance of a stray one popping up.

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

I say, water. I started today due to many summer experiences where counting on the right of amount rain leads to dried out plant life. Your plants probably wouldn't quibble over 1.5" vs 1". It makes it an easier decision if you have a well it would seem...

13 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I say, water. I started today due to many summer experiences where counting on the right of amount rain leads to dried out plant life. Your plants probably wouldn't quibble over 1.5" vs 1". It makes it an easier decision if you have a well it would seem...

The problem today was chances were bumped to 50% therefore  beneficial rains circled around me. Tomorrow I have more confidence because it's 30%. I will be watching the radar closely.

4 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Fri night/Sat morning seem like your next best chance. Even tomorrow and Friday during the day/afternoon you have a chance of a stray one popping up.

0z runs have gone anemic for the Friday front. It's Thursday's 30% or bust. 

This is incredible looking back several days ago this looked like a really wet period. If i can't get something tomorrow next chance isn't until next Monday that would be .40" total(.20" twice) in almost three weeks!

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Funny the activity today was modeled NW areas but looks like SE regions scoring again

I know where I am, the temp did not get as high as it did yesterday (low 90s vs my high of 88 today)... And yesterday was hazy and oppressive by mid-morning, which lead to those pop-ups starting so early vs the more typical late afternoon type.  Currently 86F & partly cloudy w/dp 66F.

2 minutes ago, Plokoon111 said:

Wonderful little storm! I was in the Bristol Bensalem blob and it was pouring. Reminded me of Florida storms, very windy along the Neshaminy Creek with wind swept swells, and of course some good thunder and lightning.

The cell in NJ hasn't budged for at least 45 minutes 

5 minutes ago, Plokoon111 said:

Wonderful little storm! I was in the Bristol Bensalem blob and it was pouring. Reminded me of Florida storms, very windy along the Neshaminy Creek with wind swept swells, and of course some good thunder and lightning.

Screenshot_2017-08-03-18-45-08.jpg

5 minutes ago, Plokoon111 said:

2 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

I was about to post if anyone here was under that cell.  Looks like it has been continually reforming for the past hour or so.  It has gotten dark here looking towards the NE, although the past 15 minutes have some small bullseyes forming to the north and to the west of me.

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I was about to post if anyone here was under that cell.  Looks like it has been continually reforming for the past hour or so.  It has gotten dark here looking towards the NE, although the past 15 minutes have some small bullseyes forming to the north and to the west of me.

I can see it right out of my window towards NJ.

Lightning galore, now the the back half of that cell is hitting me now in Tullytown Pa.

3 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

I can see it right out of my window towards NJ.

Lightning galore, now the the back half of that cell is hitting me now in Tullytown Pa.

At one point, it was covering all of NE Philly and part of Lower Bucks into Burlington Co. NJ.  Now it is sitting over Lower Bucks and part of Burlington Co.

19 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Definitely the most intense storm this season at least for lightning goes, wow that was loud.

2 minutes ago, MGorse said:

4.55 inches of rain measured in Burlington, NJ. 

Wow - looked like a lot of rain besides all the lighting.

Here the earlier cell did a bit of a fade, we did get 0.20" of rain which cooled things off. Currently 74F.

Archived