Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Picked up a surprising 2.2" tonight, total of 6.62" since late Sunday. 2.52" on the 14th, means over 9" in just the last 11 days. Nice....and really looking forward to some more comfortable weather over the near term. This storm tonight seemed to intensify as it drifted south of us, heaviest rain, more wind and a lot of lightning in the last 10 minutes of the 50 minute duration...like a grand finale for this cycle.

Voila my brother no longer has dry dirt, you guys 6"+ amounts are nuts

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Some serious radiational cooling for late July.  Currently clear, 59F with dp 52F.  There are some nearby stations (mostly in the lower lying areas among these hills) that are showing low 50s for temps.  No complaints!

Low here was 57F, currently 66F. Very September-like, thank you very much!

Believe it or not Philly finishes July 1.1F above normal. We have had the perfect optimal pattern for a cool summer month with an incredibly persistent NW flow and eastern troughing, one might think we should have had a top 20 cool July month with this pattern. Scary to think how hot July could have been with a just as persistent SW flow.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Watered the garden...hopefully pick up something Wed-Thurs...etc.

Yeah the big storm bust hurt us in the agricultural area, we will be going two weeks between rains when the next rounds get here, if they get here. I see 40 and 50% probability those have been problematic ;)

We do too wet or too dry better than anybody.

19 hours ago, RedSky said:

Yeah the big storm bust hurt us in the agricultural area, we will be going two weeks between rains when the next rounds get here, if they get here. I see 40 and 50% probability those have been problematic ;)

We do too wet or too dry better than anybody.

Here I'm seeing 20% and 30% POPs from tonight through Friday night with the exception of tomorrow which is 40%, so we should get some rain here, lol. Unless that system only works up your way....

Archived