Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer BBQ

psuhoffman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those coming up this weekend my house is on a shared access road off the main Ebbvale Rd. Once you turn onto Ebbvale from 30 it's the first left you can make after a long straight away right before the road curves. There is a sign with a bunch of address numbers listed. It's about 500 yards down once you turn off 30. Turn left onto the access road and I am the third house on the left. There is a post with the address on it at the bottom of my driveway and a flag with the letter H. 2745 Ebbvale Rd. Manchester md. 21102. 

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

For those coming up this weekend my house is on a shared access road off the main Ebbvale Rd. Once you turn onto Ebbvale from 30 it's the first left you can make after a long straight away right before the road curves. There is a sign with a bunch of address numbers listed. It's about 500 yards down once you turn off 30. Turn left onto the access road and I am the third house on the left. There is a post with the address on it at the bottom of my driveway and a flag with the letter H. 2745 Ebbvale Rd. Manchester md. 21102. 

What is the parking situation? Do you have a preferred method that the attendees park? 

4 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

What is the parking situation? Do you have a preferred method that the attendees park? 

I can fit 6-7 cars in the top of the driveway. After that people can park on the grass to the right of the driveway leading up to the house main parking area. Another 15 cars or so can fit down the side easy. If by some miracle that's not enough space then I can use the rest of the side yard as a parking area and squeeze another 4-5 cars in. 

8 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

@psuhoffman Do you have an idea how many burgers you want? Plan on making them up later today. 

Right now by my count there are 14 people confirmed including kids and family and another 7 who have expressed interest but are a maybe. How many are you willing to bring. I have some frozen burgers as backup but yours sound great. 

31 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Right now by my count there are 14 people confirmed including kids and family and another 7 who have expressed interest but are a maybe. How many are you willing to bring. I have some frozen burgers as backup but yours sound great. 

Just finished making them. Will 20 of my homemade ones and 8 plain and lean burgers work? If not I can scrounge up a few more.

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'm going to try and make it... stupid softball league has a game at 12:30 in DC... looks like about a 2 hr drive for me... maybe then I can just bother @Kmlwx the entire time there with soundings and SPC stuff for the Sat evening MCS :lmao:

My percentage of attending just went from 80-90% to 10%. ;)

On 7/9/2017 at 0:15 PM, Bob Chill said:

I'm 50/50. I can't make advance plans because my mom just went through major surgery and her recovery road is long. If I'm in town that weekend then I'm definitely in. 

Honestly, I'm leaning towards definitely in but I can't make the call yet. 

I haven't been drinking for many months so I'll live vicariously while drinking ice cold cans of seltzer. Lol

ETA: I have at least 10 lbs of smoked pork left from my last big smoke. I would bring that no problem. It's crazy good for sammies and prep is super simple. I vacuum seal it so the bags just get dropped in boiling water until hot and ready to go. 

How things going?  

15 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:)

Sounds good to me!

Hope so. Family and friends seem to enjoy them and I have been known to eat a few myself. :)

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That sounds good. I have dogs and brats too and if we run out the frozen ones will just have to do. 

Should be there between 12 and 1 so you won't have to wait to long for them.

23 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

PSU, do you need a canopy? I don't mind bringing it and picking it up later if necessary.

We can also bring some camp chairs.

Some chairs would be good.  Thanks. The back patio is covered so we should be good.  Due to the heat I'm going to setup the food inside so it keeps better plus we can fit more people under the patio. It's going to be hot so if anyone wants to use the pool please bring a bathing suit. It's not as hot up here but this week it's been hot even up here. 

Wish I was able to make this tomorrow. Hell. I'm the one that wanted to do this ages ago. :-(  Hoping for a second one at some point before winter. I'll be running around D.C. with the family most of Saturday. Maybe we can at least get some SvrWx down on the mall. :lol: Though...not holding my breath. Anyway--hope you guys have a blast. Can we get some pictures at some point too?

2 hours ago, Scraff said:

Wish I was able to make this tomorrow. Hell. I'm the one that wanted to do this ages ago. :-(  Hoping for a second one at some point before winter. I'll be running around D.C. with the family most of Saturday. Maybe we can at least get some SvrWx down on the mall. :lol: Though...not holding my breath. Anyway--hope you guys have a blast. Can we get some pictures at some point too?

I wouldn't mind doing another get together in the fall. Once it cools off and gets dark earlier the fire pit gets good. It's a little too hot to be sitting around a fire until very late right now. But if anyone wants smores I don't mind getting it going.  

I'm going to put a sign at the turn off Ebbvale onto the private road. After the turn the paved road curves to the right with a gravel road off to the left. Stay right. After the split I'm the 3rd house on the left. 2745 Ebbvale Rd. There is a post with my address and a flag with an H at the bottom of my driveway.  PM me if you need further assistance. 

58 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Anytime after 12. It seems a few are coming early then another group is coming later after midday events so it's spread out. 

Alright, I'll be there shortly after 12. Takes a little while sometimes to travel with 2 year old in tow. I'm coming from Gaithersburg, so not terribly far, but far enough that I may need a stop with him, lol.

Archived