Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer BBQ

psuhoffman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ellinwood said:

I'm gonna have to skip :/ Fiancee had to go out of town unexpectedly for a funeral, so I'm home alone taking care of my dog that is not a fan of thunderstorms. I do not want to imagine what my dog would do if stuck in a crate alone with boomers going on.

Darn. I was looking forward to meeting you and telling you personally how much I like your winter storm maps.

I guess I'll hate to wait to meet my first Bronie. ;)

@psuhoffman Great time, great people. Thanks for having us. You can pencil us in for the fall if you do decide to throw another get together.

@supernovasky I am thinking you should change your handle to keysnatcher.  

@nw baltimore wx Shrimp? You tell us how you go out crabbing and catch a bushel of monster crabs and yet you bring us shrimp?

@WxWatcher007 Monster Hurricane season about to unfold? And what was that, a CAT 3, or was that a CAT 4, up the bay? I will hold you to that. 

Oh, and take me off your dead and buried list for last winter.   

@losetoa6 I now know who to come to when my old senile memory doesn't remember the storms from the past. How you can remember the details is beyond me.

@wxdude64 You the man. Anyone that can drive 4 hours one way to meet up with other weather nerds to talk weather shows a dedication beyond the pale.

^^^^^^

:)

What Showmethesnow said. It was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with all of you. Thank you to PSUHoffman, his wife, and the rest of the family for hosting and tolerating all of us invading their homestead.  And I wonder about Supernovasky who apparently had to steal a set of keys and make a two hour round trip to fool his wife so he could hang out a little longer. Good times.

As for Sara and I, we had a great time and on our next visit we will be sure to bring a winter coat for the frigid mountain conditions and a tent. Thanks again.

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Had a great time PSU .Thanks for putting this together.  You and your family have a nice piece of land up there and a great view. It was great meeting everyone . Sorry ..more couldn't make it. There's definitely some really great people in this forum. Can't wait to do it again. Btw ..thanks NW Balt for the PBR :D but next time bring the crabs ..lol  

Sara laughed when I read this to her and said, "Well, now that we know they're worthy..."

I'll let you know the next time I get out on the water so you can stop in on the way home from work for a few here and a doggy bag for you and the missus at home.

Anyway, thanks to @psuhoffman for being an excellent host, my kid absolutely loved hanging out too. It was awesome meeting everyone and we will have to do it again sometime. I appreciated all of the insight into the local weather from the seasoned vets to a new Mid-Atlantic guy like me. Loved that I got to talk hurricanes and such with people. Looking forward to another gathering, perhaps in fall.

Thanks to everyone who came up yesterday. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone had a good time. And thank you for all pitching in. Losetoa6 the taco dip was great.  showmethesnow the burgers were amazing.  NwbaltimoreWx thanks for the shrimp and good to know we're worthy of the crabs next time. Wxdude64 thanks for the beer and for making the 4 hour drive. For you it was a mission.  Wxwatcher007 it was great to have someone add tropical expertise to our discussion. Supernovasky welcome to the region and your excitement over being here and tropical stories from Louisiana were great.  I had a good time getting to know you all a little better and hope to see all of you and others at future gatherings. If there is interest I would be down to do something in the fall.  

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It'd be great to do more gatherings. 

Question: what was the brand/type of those brats yesterday?!? I got home last night and fell in love with them.

Those brownies were top notch too :) 

There were a couple. The plain ones were johnsonville beer brats. The spicy ones I think NwbaltimoreWx brought so I'm not sure but they were really good.  We definitely have to do this again. I'll try to make future gatherings down in the D.C. Area also. 

56 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Thanks to everyone who came up yesterday. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone had a good time. And thank you for all pitching in. Losetoa6 the taco dip was great.  showmethesnow the burgers were amazing.  NwbaltimoreWx thanks for the shrimp and good to know we're worthy of the crabs next time. Wxdude64 thanks for the beer and for making the 4 hour drive. For you it was a mission.  Wxwatcher007 it was great to have someone add tropical expertise to our discussion. Supernovasky welcome to the region and your excitement over being here and tropical stories from Louisiana were great.  I had a good time getting to know you all a little better and hope to see all of you and others at future gatherings. If there is interest I would be down to do something in the fall.  

Definitely interest from my wife and myself for a fall get together. Could even hold it at my place if you are not up for hosting again so quickly. Though it would unfortunately add another 15 minutes travel time for those coming up from the south. As far as crabs, He!! yeah, we would pitch in for a bushel or whatever. All ribbing aside, I wouldn't expect @nw baltimore wx to go out and catch them for us so maybe a local crab joint. Big Mikes up my way has some decent crabs. Guess we can revisit this a couple months down the road.

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Got home at 10! Worth the trip though, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the hospitality and for putting this together. 

@showmethesnow, you were one of the indestructible ones! Somehow, you made it all the way to the end. Unfortunately, the records show that everybody (but @mappy) was incinerated in The Great Reaping. We had to wipe the slate clean. I hope you understand. 

I keep telling you, think cockroach. Just when you think you have them eradicated they crawl out from the dark corners to mock your futile attempts at smiting them. Well that's me and I am crawling out and mocking you puny human. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sheldon+puny+human&view=detail&mid=A7018480BB2327304A2EA7018480BB2327304A2E&FORM=VIRE

19 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Definitely interest from my wife and myself for a fall get together. Could even hold it at my place if you are not up for hosting again so quickly. Though it would unfortunately add another 15 minutes travel time for those coming up from the south. As far as crabs, He!! yeah, we would pitch in for a bushel or whatever. All ribbing aside, I wouldn't expect @nw baltimore wx to go out and catch them for us so maybe a local crab joint. Big Mikes up my way has some decent crabs. Guess we can revisit this a couple months down the road.

There is a little crab shack on 30 about 5 minutes mile south of me. I've picked up a bushel to eat during eagles games in the fall from time to time. 

I have no problem crabbing. A bushel would be more than enough for the group (and even a few more) than we had yesterday, especially combined with burgers and dogs.  If we had a larger group, isn't there a pro crabbing on the board? Lives in Crofton, I think, but I forget his screen name (maybe dailylurker?). Maybe he'd be interested in getting a bushel too.

Fall is a great time for crabs.

Archived