• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer BBQ

psuhoffman

I'm leaning towards definite right now as well. 

I'd put my odds at like 80 percent or so for the time being. Would be willing to bring whatever - or cash if that's what would be preferred. 

Also still open to providing transport for anybody right around me (if I do go that is)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I would definitely like to be there but have a family gathering later that afternoon. If this starts more toward midday, I can come meet some of you all for a bit. Actually, I was supposed to be away that day on a trip for my 25th wedding anniversary, but a relentless work schedule has killed that. So at least there is a chance I could make it. Progress, I guess. 

12 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

I am in the same boat as you. If they start it up too late I may not be able to make it as well.

Congrats on the 25th anniversary.

It's at my house so I don't mind if we just do an all day noon until whenever everyone decides to call it a night type thing. People can come when they are able. I don't mind firing up the grill multiple times. If anyone is still here when it cools off in the evening I could get a fire going in the backyard fire pit. If anyone wants to use the pool that's fine too. I'm pretty open to whatever. I'm excited to get to meet as many as possible and have a good time. 

9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm 50/50. I can't make advance plans because my mom just went through major surgery and her recovery road is long. If I'm in town that weekend then I'm definitely in. 

Honestly, I'm leaning towards definitely in but I can't make the call yet. 

I haven't been drinking for many months so I'll live vicariously while drinking ice cold cans of seltzer. Lol

ETA: I have at least 10 lbs of smoked pork left from my last big smoke. I would bring that no problem. It's crazy good for sammies and prep is super simple. I vacuum seal it so the bags just get dropped in boiling water until hot and ready to go. 

Best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery. Really hope you can make it. The pork sounds great btw. 

On 7/8/2017 at 11:46 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

I work part time for the O's and they have a home game on the 22nd, but missing a game this year is a win, so I'm planning on coming. I'll wait to see how things evolve as far as what to bring, but a side dish and burgers or brats are no problem. And of course, beer. If Mattie G or CAPE can commit, I'd even search for something unique!

Also, if North Balti Zen, Fozz, Mappy, RavensRule, or anyone south and east wants to organize a ride, let me know.

Thanks for thinking of me, nwbwx!

Unfortunately, I can't commit to anything at this point. With the wife being in her third trimester, I'm not sure I can get the time to head off to northern MD for a day out, let alone commit to it this far out. She also wants to stay closer to home at this point, so there not much use in trying to convince her to make the trip up there for the day!

I hope everyone has a great time. Sorry to miss out on it!

On 7/9/2017 at 9:20 PM, psuhoffman said:

It's at my house so I don't mind if we just do an all day noon until whenever everyone decides to call it a night type thing. People can come when they are able. I don't mind firing up the grill multiple times. If anyone is still here when it cools off in the evening I could get a fire going in the backyard fire pit. If anyone wants to use the pool that's fine too. I'm pretty open to whatever. I'm excited to get to meet as many as possible and have a good time. 

Meant to get back to you sooner. That would be great extending the get together so that there is an earlier starting time. Just don't kill yourself doing this. 

That being said. My farther-in-law seems to be doing well now so barring anything unexpected in that quarter you can add myself and my wife to the head count. When you get a fairly firm head count let me know how many burgers you wish me to bring. Also, I prefer cooking my burgers fresh but I know some people prefer to grill burgers that are frozen so they hold together better. Let me know which you prefer.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:31 AM, showmethesnow said:

Meant to get back to you sooner. That would be great extending the get together so that there is an earlier starting time. Just don't kill yourself doing this. 

That being said. My farther-in-law seems to be doing well now so barring anything unexpected in that quarter you can add myself and my wife to the head count. When you get a fairly firm head count let me know how many burgers you wish me to bring. Also, I prefer cooking my burgers fresh but I know some people prefer to grill burgers that are frozen so they hold together better. Let me know which you prefer.

It's no problem really. Very happy to hear he is going well and you should be able to make it. I'll go back through the list and try to get a better estimate on probable attendees soon. I'm fine with either so whatever you prefer. I usually do fresh but if frozen is easier that's fine.  

Right now I'm planning on having chips and homemade guacamole, hot dogs and buns for dogs and burgers, a fruit and veggie plater, and my wife is making a thing of calico beans and some desert maybe brownies. some sodas water and non alch drinks, plus a pitcher of homemade sangria. I have a decently full bar also and some beer.  It seems people are offering to bring beers and meats and if anyone has additional ideas please share. 

I'll post again but the address is 2745 Ebbvale Rd. Manchester MD. 21102. 

Providing nothing comes up by the beginning of next week I should be in. 

If anybody has specific alcoholic drinks they'd like me to bring I can certainly do so. Otherwise I'll just pick some random stuff. Can bring additional food if there's a shortage or any holes in the list. 

On 7/8/2017 at 11:46 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

I work part time for the O's and they have a home game on the 22nd, but missing a game this year is a win, so I'm planning on coming. I'll wait to see how things evolve as far as what to bring, but a side dish and burgers or brats are no problem. And of course, beer. If Mattie G or CAPE can commit, I'd even search for something unique!

Also, if North Balti Zen, Fozz, Mappy, RavensRule, or anyone south and east wants to organize a ride, let me know.

I'm in... maybe. I'll know for sure in a few days, but I'm hoping I can make it.

14 hours ago, supernovasky said:

So... when is this happening again and where? Because I'd love to make it.

Next Saturday the 22nd. I'm going with an all day noon until whenever thing since not everyone can make it at the same time.  Address is 2745 Ebbvale Rd.  Manchester MD 21102. 

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Might be worth separate posts on who's bringing what and carpool arrangements? Still trying to figure out how to get up there...

Good point though.  Should there be a separate thread for that or just separate posts within this one?  So far I have just been getting a rough idea of numbers and what is being brought but it's difficult because there are so many maybes right now. I totally understand though. Summer is busy and we all have commitments.  When people know for sure either way just try to post so I know. 

If anyone finds out they can come at the last minute please don't hesitate to show up. But the more that post ahead of time the better for planning purposes that's all. Someone can always make a provisions run if we are short and more show up so I'm not that worried about it. 

What I have planned for sure hot dogs and brats, macaroni salad, beans, guacamole and chips, fruits and veggies with dip, brownies, a large batch of homemade sangria, water, assorted sodas, and a decently full bar.

others have offered to bring beers, burgers, and meats.  I also have some frozen burgers as backup in case we run short.  There is a large liqueur store less then a mile down the road if anyone decides we need to add to the selection  I'm pretty laid back about it and either bringing an item or a small cash donation to contribute is fine.  

ETA:  we do have a pool and my wife and son will definitely be in it and anyone else that might want to use it feel free to bring a bathing suit.   There is also pool table and plenty of room inside if it's hot and anyone needs to cool off or the weather turns bad and we need shelter.  My back porch is shaded and we usually have a nice breeze up here but you never know. 

22 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Might be worth separate posts on who's bringing what and carpool arrangements? Still trying to figure out how to get up there...

Where are you exactly? Might be a bit out of my way, but if you can't find a ride I could detour. Only thing is I have to work Sunday at 6 am so I'll have to leave 7ish to get back home, 4+ hour drive.

On 7/16/2017 at 2:16 PM, psuhoffman said:

If anyone finds out they can come at the last minute please don't hesitate to show up. But the more that post ahead of time the better for planning purposes that's all. Someone can always make a provisions run if we are short and more show up so I'm not that worried about it. 

What I have planned for sure hot dogs and brats, macaroni salad, beans, guacamole and chips, fruits and veggies with dip, brownies, a large batch of homemade sangria, water, assorted sodas, and a decently full bar.

others have offered to bring beers, burgers, and meats.  I also have some frozen burgers as backup in case we run short.  There is a large liqueur store less then a mile down the road if anyone decides we need to add to the selection  I'm pretty laid back about it and either bringing an item or a small cash donation to contribute is fine.  

ETA:  we do have a pool and my wife and son will definitely be in it and anyone else that might want to use it feel free to bring a bathing suit.   There is also pool table and plenty of room inside if it's hot and anyone needs to cool off or the weather turns bad and we need shelter.  My back porch is shaded and we usually have a nice breeze up here but you never know. 

I'll probably bring an item to contribute. I MAY need to bring my 2 year old. He's not too bad, I promise ;) If that's ok of course.

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Hi! Sorry for not responding sooner; sorry to disappoint but I won't be able to make it. We have a company picnic with my husband's work. Sad to miss it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that you won't be there but totally understandable. If this goes well and there is interest I don't mind organizing or hosting additional gatherings in the future. I'm sure those of us in the area that can't meet this time will have another chance soon. 

6 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Can we get one last roll call of who thinks they are in or might be there so I can estimate before I make a shopping trip. Thanks 

My wife and myself. And surprise, an outside chance of my father-in-law as well if that is alright. He's finally feeling somewhat better and sprung on us last night that he was thinking of visiting us this weekend. Thinking we will be one of the earlier guests arriving between 12 and one.

Once you get a guesstimate on attendees please let me know how many burgers you want.

I am still around 80 percent so I guess count me as a yes for the time being. Waiting to hear from my boss about one thing this weekend but that's it. I'm unsure of where I'll be coming from (depends on plans Friday) - so my carpool offer status is a bit up in the air as well. 

PSU - What amount of cash donation do you think is reasonable per person? I'll probably also bring some purchased baked goods or something. 

3 hours ago, Kmlwx said:

I am still around 80 percent so I guess count me as a yes for the time being. Waiting to hear from my boss about one thing this weekend but that's it. I'm unsure of where I'll be coming from (depends on plans Friday) - so my carpool offer status is a bit up in the air as well. 

PSU - What amount of cash donation do you think is reasonable per person? I'll probably also bring some purchased baked goods or something. 

I don't want to put a set dollar amount. I'm not trying to exclude anyone and what is "reasonable" might be different to everyone.  I'm trusting people to use their best judgement and donate what they feel is fair and they can and no more. I'm not trying to make money or even break even just offset "some" of the cost. I just want everyone to have a good time. 

Archived