• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer BBQ

psuhoffman

We have discussed a possible BBQ up here from time to time. I figured I would list a few options for dates and see who is interested and which date would work best.  Once we have a date and who is coming we can work on other details like food/drinks. 

Options are

Saturday July 15

Saturday July 22

Saturday July 29

Saturday Aug 26

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We have discussed a possible BBQ up here from time to time. I figured I would list a few options for dates and see who is interested and which date would work best.  Once we have a date and who is coming we can work on other details like food/drinks. 

Options are

Saturday July 15

Saturday July 22

Saturday July 29

Saturday Aug 26

Definitely interested on my part. Won't throw out preferred dates though because I have a very fluid calendar during the summer. If I can make the date you all decide on then I will, otherwise I guess I miss out on a good time and snagging up on some of @C.A.P.E.'s fine brews. :) 

On 6/23/2017 at 3:35 PM, psuhoffman said:

July 22 seems to be the most popular date so far.   

Have several things going on this month but if I get a little notice I have some flexibility with them. That being said, the 22'nd would probably work for me as well. Any complaints if we bring our better halves? 

8 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Have several things going on this month but if I get a little notice I have some flexibility with them. That being said, the 22'nd would probably work for me as well. Any complaints if we bring our better halves? 

So far July 22 seems to be the date most who have replied are free. I'm fine with bringing whoever honestly. Family/friends/wives. Once we have an idea of how many, if it does look like a significant figure perhaps we can find a system to chip in for food/drinks. If it's a smaller event I don't mind covering. Just depends how big it ends up being. But there is plenty of room here.  

4 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

So far July 22 seems to be the date most who have replied are free. I'm fine with bringing whoever honestly. Family/friends/wives. Once we have an idea of how many, if it does look like a significant figure perhaps we can find a system to chip in for food/drinks. If it's a smaller event I don't mind covering. Just depends how big it ends up being. But there is plenty of room here.  

Had planned on bringing something (food, drink and/or money) whether it was a small get together or not. Wouldn't feel right otherwise. Just let me know what you prefer. I will say that my family and friends seem to like my burgers and are always hitting me up to make them. Now whether they are good or not is another story. :) 

22nd could work for me... ofc I would need directions on how to get there since I am directionally challenged while driving :lol:

I would also plan on bringing something as well... and I would be the odd man out, but would there be drinks for those who won't be drinking alcohol?

11 hours ago, yoda said:

22nd could work for me... ofc I would need directions on how to get there since I am directionally challenged while driving :lol:

I would also plan on bringing something as well... and I would be the odd man out, but would there be drinks for those who won't be drinking alcohol?

2nd. Not saying I would not drink A beer, but not my thing. Willing to help on the food, but I'm looking at probably 4 hour drive so money probably easier for me, whatever is easier on you since you've invited us.

Course I can bring a cooler so not a huge issue.

On 6/26/2017 at 8:58 PM, yoda said:

On 6/27/2017 at 8:19 AM, wxdude64 said:

2nd. Not saying I would not drink A beer, but not my thing. Willing to help on the food, but I'm looking at probably 4 hour drive so money probably easier for me, whatever is easier on you since you've invited us.

Course I can bring a cooler so not a huge issue.

We can have any beverages we decide. I assumed there would need to be non alcholol also. As for bringing something vs money I'm open to whatever. I think since no one has said the 22 isn't good we should go with that date and then we can start discussing food/drinks and what would be easier. Once we have a basic estimate of how many are coming we can decide what's easier. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm hoping to make it man. The long commute could be a challenge though:ph34r:. I'll bring some stuff . It be a good time. HighStakes better be there ... he can walk there so he has no excuse...lol

I'm not sure exactly which house is his but there is a good chance I can see his house from my back yard. 

On 7/2/2017 at 1:40 AM, Deck Pic said:

I can't do the 22nd but if the date changes for whatever reason, I'd love to attend. 

Sorry to hear that. Don't want to leave anyone out but doubt we can find one date that works for all. Hopefully I will meet others in future board gatherings.  

Hopefully everyone had a good holiday. I figured I would wait until we're all back to plan out anything but it's getting closer now. If we go ahead with July 22 who is in?  Also would people prefer a "bring a dish" type thing or a small cash donation?  I am pretty laid back and open to whatever but need to start planning. 

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm in PSU. ..I'll bring a appetizer and 2 different beers etc..

Jebman!  You better come man and  the southerners better show up since I came to Rockville last year:rolleyes:

Wxwatcher, Eskimo, Poolz, Cape, NW Baltimore, NPZ,  Ballenger, Ms. Charles Town, Mappy,  BTRWx,  MN Transplant etc.. coming ?

And Chill +Yoda

Well, I'm probably about as far south as you'll see, AND I was there in Rockville last year.....

I'll be there, I'll bring some drinks (nonalky) and gladly contribute some funds to whatever needs bought.

EDIT:

I could pic up a few on the way thru if needed.....

On 7/6/2017 at 10:40 AM, psuhoffman said:

Hopefully everyone had a good holiday. I figured I would wait until we're all back to plan out anything but it's getting closer now. If we go ahead with July 22 who is in?  Also would people prefer a "bring a dish" type thing or a small cash donation?  I am pretty laid back and open to whatever but need to start planning. 

Father-in-law has been having somewhat serious health issues the last few weeks but they have improved somewhat. So barring any setbacks in that regard I am in as well, possibly my wife also.  As long as we are not talking about feeding an army, I am willing to bring burgers to grill, both plain and my special burgers that many seem to enjoy. Otherwise just tell me what you want brought, whether food, drink or cash and I will do so.

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Father-in-law has been having somewhat serious health issues the last few weeks but they have improved somewhat. So barring any setbacks in that regard I am in as well, possibly my wife also.  As long as we are not talking about feeding an army, I am willing to bring burgers to grill, both plain and my special burgers that many seem to enjoy. Otherwise just tell me what you want brought, whether food, drink or cash and I will do so.

Hope he continues to improve. Bringing burgers would be great. 

Since there seems to be an even mix the best plan is those that want to bring something just let us know what you're bringing and I'll make sure the rest of what we need is covered and those that don't bring anything can just make a small donation to help cover costs. 

The last issue is what time would work best. I was thinking afternoon into evening since some are driving a decent way and I know Ellinwood works until 1 that day. Any input is welcome. 

On 7/7/2017 at 8:58 PM, losetoa6 said:

I'm in PSU. ..I'll bring a appetizer and 2 different beers etc..

Jebman!  You better come man and  the southerners better show up since I came to Rockville last year:rolleyes:

Wxwatcher, Eskimo, Poolz, Cape, NW Baltimore, NPZ,  Ballenger, Ms. Charles Town, Mappy,  BTRWx,  MN Transplant etc.. coming ?

And Chill +Yoda

I work part time for the O's and they have a home game on the 22nd, but missing a game this year is a win, so I'm planning on coming. I'll wait to see how things evolve as far as what to bring, but a side dish and burgers or brats are no problem. And of course, beer. If Mattie G or CAPE can commit, I'd even search for something unique!

Also, if North Balti Zen, Fozz, Mappy, RavensRule, or anyone south and east wants to organize a ride, let me know.

I would definitely like to be there but have a family gathering later that afternoon. If this starts more toward midday, I can come meet some of you all for a bit. Actually, I was supposed to be away that day on a trip for my 25th wedding anniversary, but a relentless work schedule has killed that. So at least there is a chance I could make it. Progress, I guess. 

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

I would definitely like to be there but have a family gathering later that afternoon. If this starts more toward midday, I can come meet some of you all for a bit. Actually, I was supposed to be away that day on a trip for my 25th wedding anniversary, but a relentless work schedule has killed that. So at least there is a chance I could make it. Progress, I guess. 

I am in the same boat as you. If they start it up too late I may not be able to make it as well.

Congrats on the 25th anniversary.

I'm 50/50. I can't make advance plans because my mom just went through major surgery and her recovery road is long. If I'm in town that weekend then I'm definitely in. 

Honestly, I'm leaning towards definitely in but I can't make the call yet. 

I haven't been drinking for many months so I'll live vicariously while drinking ice cold cans of seltzer. Lol

ETA: I have at least 10 lbs of smoked pork left from my last big smoke. I would bring that no problem. It's crazy good for sammies and prep is super simple. I vacuum seal it so the bags just get dropped in boiling water until hot and ready to go. 

Archived