Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Invest 93L

MattPetrulli

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, the center of the low pressure area is to the west of the best convection. Still think it's probably worth the HH checking out today. Hopefully they don't cancel the flight. 

Will a new center of LP reconfigure itself under the flare up?  That would change the whole game.

Pulled the below from current recon, do we have Cindy?

( * ) Denotes suspect data
Time: 15:52:30Z
Coordinates: 27.783N 89.067W
Acft. Static Air Press: 769.9 mb
Acft. Geopotential Hgt: 2,304 m (7,559 ft)
Extrap. Sfc. Press: 1005.6 mb (29.70 inHg)
Flt. Lvl. Wind (30s): From 153° at 53 kts (From the SSE at 61.0 mph)
Air Temp: 12.9°C (55.2°F)
Dew Pt: 12.8°C (55.0°F)
Peak (10s) Flt. Lvl. Wind: 57 kts (65.6 mph)
SFMR Peak (10s) Sfc. Wind: 49 kts (56.4 mph)
SFMR Rain Rate: 9 mm/hr (0.35 in/hr)

10 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Agreement in the HRRR and 3km NAM (yes, I know neither are particularly great at tropics) in the 18hr range of a strengthening storm have me wondering if this thing might have a shot at getting to a higher-end TS, wind wise at least, before landfall. Obs from HH and the bouy referenced above tend to support this general idea of localized stronger sustained winds/gusts.

1 hour ago, jojo762 said:

Agreement in the HRRR and 3km NAM (yes, I know neither are particularly great at tropics) in the 18hr range of a strengthening storm have me wondering if this thing might have a shot at getting to a higher-end TS, wind wise at least, before landfall. Obs from HH and the bouy referenced above tend to support this general idea of localized stronger sustained winds/gusts.

I can see a 50-60 MPH storm before landfall. Still got time over water. 

13 minutes ago, SeanBarg said:

zzzz why is the tropical section so dead and can we get a title change on the thread? Cindy was kinda a dud but I thought there may have been a little more discussion about her. 

It gets more active when we get a significant system, just look at the 130+ pages for Hurricane Matthew. Not really much to discuss other than rain in regards to Cindy.

Tropical Storm Cindy, although very asymmetric now, is still kicking up some 49mph wind gusts tonight. Last night, there was 58mph, different wind vector, same offshore rig location. Probably 10-12 ft waves/seas in the Gulf the whole time. KNEW (New Orleans Lakefront Airport) had 49mph gusts last night

last night

l2TNkjs.jpg

tonight

v6A5dGe.jpg

Archived