SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June 19th Thunderstorm Discussions & Observations

bluewave

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little disappointed here in souther Queens. First cell came through and looked incredibly ominous, saw an epic CG strike and was thinking this would be like 07/25/16 or maybe even 09/16/10. The cloud structures did look similar. However, cell scooted north at the last minute and only had a brief downpour. Had 2 more rounds but were just heavy rain, couple flashes of lightning and basically no wind to speak of.

View from my building of first cell that slammed Jersey City and Northern Queens, but just missed me:

large.IMG_0724.JPG.7617822bb374a3bef59cdd70ae43c9e8.JPG

18 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Just had one of the closest major cloud to ground lighting strikes in years here. Instant flash to extreme thunder. Within a block I would say. My gf said the thunder was intense 2.5 miles from here from the same bolt. Pretty awesome 

Had 2 crazy ones about 20 mins ago. 

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Pouring here again. The wantagh station missed the big first downpour and is only around an inch. And to think you were worried about missing this one 

5 miles to my east has under 0.50. I was right along some sorta boundary along which the cells were redeveloping. 

IMG_1273.PNG

IMG_1274.PNG

Archived