Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 8-9 Nor'easter May Brush Eastern LI

bluewave

11 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Looks like hurricane bob track from Carolinas on North...Obviously much weaker storm....

SST anomalies off the SE coast including the Gulf Stream are running 1-2 C AN...

Much above normal off the SE coast with much below normal off the NE coast

16 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Much above normal off the SE coast with much below normal off the NE coast

Yea. SE coast running closer to early July norm?

With tropical type impacts from 38N on north it's always a race, but especially at this time of the season. Forward speed will obviously be important for impacts, particularly in the NE quad where background flow will be additive. Right now that looks to be the Cape...

I'm old enough to remember Agnes from June 1972...1972 was a developing el nino year with a cool start to Summer...1979 was another developing el nino year but weaker...It had a tropical wave off the se coast mid month...I think this Summer could be similar to 1979 with some very hot days and some rainy cool ones...this averaged out close to normal...I think this Summer will be close to average...TWT...

11 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

18z NAM is well OTS-barely clips the outer cape.  Time to stick a fork in this one.

It seems the 3k NAM is a little more West than the 12k NAM, but I agree, it's a complete miss for the entire metro.  Even far Eastern LI only gets skimmed on the 3k.

Archived