Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer 2017 Banter Thread

dmillz25

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dWave said:

The rainfall totals and forecasts are mind boggling.  Additional 6"-10" of rain daily for days on end.  When I think of 2"-3" of rain flooding my basement I cant imagine what those totals would do. 

At one point there was 10" in 90 mins in the SE part of Houston.  

If anyone is interested in an NFL pick-em league we have two leagues which members on this board can participate in.  One of the leagues is free and has been an ongoing tradition of Eastern/American Wx for at least 10 years now.  This league is done directly through this forum in the sports thread.  

The second league is entering its third season here on the boards and is a pay-league.  He platform we've used in the past is yahoo, however, a different platform may be used this year.  

If you have any interest in participating in one or both of the leagues check out the following thread.  The more participants, the more fun the league, and for the pay league, the more potential winnings!

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/50203-nfl-pick-em-2017-2018/#comment-4596041

56 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Invest 93 may try to come across if it misses the recurve before the ridge builds back near the coast. EPS builds ridge near the coast day 11-15 so any storm coming from the SE may get stuck underneath near the SE Coast.

eps_slp_lows_watl_41.thumb.png.98141b7d6bdea35036f120def7a9a734.png

Well you're one of best on boards to keep eye on this. Troughing in Great Lakes always gives me an eyebrow raise this time of year. Now add high pressure building to ENE. Yummy. We track. 

14 hours ago, Snow88 said:

This is true but the heat sucks

I doubt it

He loves warm weather

What heat? Despite the numbers indicating close to "average", it has been very moderate by day overall - no one who doesn't like heat should be complaining about a few hot days and a little humidity that came and went over the course of 3-4 months.  Hopefully the temperate climate continues into and through winter!

Archived