joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2017 Banter Thread

dmillz25

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Accuweather has no 90's for the remainder of the summer, what a joke their forecast is huh! 

I believe we'll have a few 90's obviously but not like the previous years this will average out to be a cooler than normal summer in my opinion.

Please stop

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Going into 90% of NYC's train stations feels like entering a 3rd world nation. Disgusting and a terrible job by the politicians of the past 25 years. The system is ancient and they are now panicking that everything is breaking down. Morons.

16 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Going into 90% of NYC's train stations feels like entering a 3rd world nation. Disgusting and a terrible job by the politicians of the past 25 years. The system is ancient and they are now panicking that everything is breaking down. Morons.

I'm so glad I drive. I rather deal with traffic than the POS trains

23 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Look who's running it, they all look clueless! 

5 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

driving in the nyc area is horrible. i wish the rail system was better

NYC is just plain old whack. It's overrated and there's a bunch of know it all rich birds. Than you got the low class that really is supposed to be middle class and than the homeless. NYC used to be the greatest city in the world now it's just an overrun city with never ending traffic (Henry Hudson & FDR) and terrible MTA that's dirty and probably has diseases everywhere. It sucks but it's the truth. There's much better cities out there like White Plains, NY is becoming a really nice city. It's small obviously but nice to live at and it's definitely expanding.

44 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

I'm so glad I drive. I rather deal with traffic than the POS trains

Me too. Whenever I have something to do in Manhattan, whether for work, sports  or anything, I'd rather drive and get stuck for an hour then deal with the 3rd world nation disgusting train system.

Driving in each borough is its own story. I'm mostly in Brooklyn and Queens. Certain areas are insane -- like downtown Flushing and Flatbush -- and some areas aren't bad. I do wish, though, that the trains were not just more reliable but in some cases more convenient.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

driving in the nyc area is horrible. i wish the rail system was better

Would rather get stuck in traffic for 2 hours then deal with the disgusting, disease infested NYC rail system.

LIRR is bearable but they too have to enter the 3rd world nation tracks eventually. But up until the Queensboro underground tunnel, the LIRR is decent.

3 minutes ago, Mophstymeo said:

Driving in each borough is its own story. I'm mostly in Brooklyn and Queens. Certain areas are insane -- like downtown Flushing and Flatbush -- and some areas aren't bad. I do wish, though, that the trains were not just more reliable but in some cases more convenient.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Brooklyn is the worst. Takes an hour to go 4 miles. Queens has bad parts as well but a lot of the boro is fine. Some parts of Queens are very suitable for driving with little traffic, especially on the secondary roads. Brooklyn is a traffic nightmare throughout. Highways and local streets are equally bad.

33 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

NYC is just plain old whack. It's overrated and there's a bunch of know it all rich birds. Than you got the low class that really is supposed to be middle class and than the homeless. NYC used to be the greatest city in the world now it's just an overrun city with never ending traffic (Henry Hudson & FDR) and terrible MTA that's dirty and probably has diseases everywhere. It sucks but it's the truth. There's much better cities out there like White Plains, NY is becoming a really nice city. It's small obviously but nice to live at and it's definitely expanding.

NYC has some nice parts in the boroughs. It's not as bad as you make it. NE Queens, Northern Bronx and Staten Island are all quieter with nice suburban like neighborhoods.

In fact, NYC has never been better, safer, cleaner and richer. The 1970s, 80s and 90s were a disaster in the NYC metro.

12 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Accuweather has no 90's for the remainder of the summer, what a joke their forecast is huh! 

I believe we'll have a few 90's obviously but not like the previous years this will average out to be a cooler than normal summer in my opinion.

I bet tomorrow, Sunday and Monday all make a run at 90+ in the NYC metro.

4 minutes ago, uncle W said:

the subway was really horrible in the early 1980's...Derailments every week and breakdowns or fires every day...graffiti everywhere...it sounds like it are going backwards...

The entire system is ancient, other then the 2nd Ave line and a few renovations at a few stations. Breakdowns now occur multiple times a day. Billions poured into the system and we have a 3rd world nation system.

I go to poorer countries like Greece and their airports and rail system blows ours away. It's embarrassing to even discuss.

3 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Brooklyn is the worst. Takes an hour to go 4 miles. Queens has bad parts as well but a lot of the boro is fine. Some parts of Queens are very suitable for driving with little traffic, especially on the secondary roads. Brooklyn is a traffic nightmare throughout. Highways and local streets are equally bad.

Honestly it's not as bad as it seems. I just know the shortcut ways to get to places 

1 minute ago, ag3 said:

The entire system is ancient. Other then the 2nd Ave line and a few renovations at a few stations. Breakdowns now occur multiple times a day. Billions poured into the system and we have a 3rd world nation system.

I got to poorer countries like Greece and their airports and rail system blow away ours. It's embarrassing to even discuss.

the problem is the system is over 100 years old...it was never maintained correctly...same goes for roads and bridges...it's a mess...

6 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Honestly it's not as bad as it seems. I just know the shortcut ways to get to places 

Compared to Queens traffic, Brooklyn is very bad. I drive throughout both boroughs for work and Brooklyn is bad. IMO, worst then Manhattan even.

Queens still has a lot of parts that are quiet, empty roads and blocks of empty parking spots. I never have to look for parking in the residential areas of Whitestone, Bayside, Auburndale, etc.. Parking is available everywhere.

Brooklyn has almost no areas like this, outside of the western parts like Bay Ridge.

5 minutes ago, uncle W said:

the problem is the system is over 100 years old...it was never maintained correctly...same goes for roads and bridges...it's a mess...

Yes, but with the billions of dollars pouring in annually, there should've already been brand new tunnels cut out that are near completion. The entire system is breaking down and now there are no new tunnels or subway systems ready.

We should be able to hit an app or go online and follow a train on a GPS signal. We have 1950s technology in our system. They can barely control traffic signals by computer today. It's unacceptable. Problem is that it's now too late. Would take 20+ years to cut out new tunnels, change all the tracks, trains and upgrade the entire system to current technology.

1 minute ago, ag3 said:

Compared to Queens traffic, Brooklyn is very bad. I drive throughout both boroughs for work and Brooklyn is bad. IMO, worst then Manhattan even.

Queens still has a lot of parts that are quiet, empty roads and block of empty parking spots. I never have to look for parking in Whitestone, Queens at my house or anywhere. Parking is available everywhere.

Brooklyn has almost no areas like this, outside of the western parts like Bay Ridge.

You're right on that but if you know where the traffic is you should be fine. The waze app if very reliable 

3 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

You're right on that but if you know where the traffic is you should be fine. The waze app if very reliable 

Yes, but now everyone uses Waze and Waze re-routes everyone into the local Brooklyn streets and makes it a grid lock there as well. The side road short cuts in Brooklyn used to be better 5+ years ago. Not anymore. Waze and GPS apps has shown every Tom, Dick and Harry the unknown short cuts.

Archived