joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2017 OBS

Solak

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have the GR2Analyst or GRLevel3 radar files for say 5:30-6:30pm when that stuff was blowing through Villa Rica - Winston - Douglasville?

It sucked to be sitting it out at I-20 and Hwy 5, too ... then dodging road debris on the backroads home, to be greeted by this blocking the driveway:

HappyFathersDayDear_YouAlwaysWantedThatAutomaticGate.jpg

1 hour ago, SharonA said:

Does anyone have the GR2Analyst or GRLevel3 radar files for say 5:30-6:30pm when that stuff was blowing through Villa Rica - Winston - Douglasville?

It sucked to be sitting it out at I-20 and Hwy 5, too ... then dodging road debris on the backroads home, to be greeted by this blocking the driveway:

HappyFathersDayDear_YouAlwaysWantedThatAutomaticGate.jpg

I was near chapel hill on i20 when it hit.  It was nasty.  I saw the velocities on radar right before it hit and we were square in the highest colors.  Almost 70mph which much of it probably hit the ground level.

1 hour ago, SharonA said:

Yikes! Can't help ya with any files.

12 hours ago, Solak said:

How soon before they change the 60% likely tonight to partly cloudy for this part of NC? :D

About 15 minutes after I posted the above...

Elsewhere, an isolated storm or two
is still possible on residual outflows around the Triangle and
Roanoke Rapids, otherwise CINH was taking over. Partly cloudy skies
expected overnight.

We just got hammered in Wake County tonite. 2-4" across the county. I 40 had some lane closures due to flooding. The thunder and lightning was epic in NW Cary/Morrisville area.  When that one thunder clap hit about 95% of the restaurant yelped and jumped off their seats. It was great. I had radarscope open so I had a good idea what we were in for.

Still lightly raining but should be a good rainfall tonite

1 hour ago, Solak said:

We could see and hear your storms - nothing crossed over the county line. 0.05" here.

hopefully that will setup a boundry along the eastern edge of last nights cluster and we can cash in this afternoon, hi res models also show a lot of activity from your backyard over my way this afternoon...

Archived