Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Cover it with pine or evergreen needles. My parents have many different varieties of low bush wild blueberries growing through their pine grove...lots of lady slippers too. Half of their property is wild blueberries so I've been stealing a rooting bush every time I go down and plant them at my place under the white pines and my blue spruce trees.

I have 2 under my blue spruce as well..............:)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I have never would have thought a total accumulation rainfall map would be more impressive than any snow map I have ever seen. Then the 12z GFS rolls in for S TX and proves me wrong. My God. Hope it does not verify. 

Euro doubling down, geezus only through Mon Am and  this is still happening

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2017082312_123_490_220.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2017082312_123_490_241.png

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I have never would have thought a total accumulation rainfall map would be more impressive than any snow map I have ever seen. Then the 12z GFS rolls in for S TX and proves me wrong. My God. Hope it does not verify. 

reminds me of the storm named after your wife, holy cow on these latest runs.

http://www.weatheroptics.net/tom-moore/remembering-houstons-devastating-flooding-from-tropical-storm-allison

57 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Clean as a whistle here. I know the hatchery that supplies the Agway that I got my chickens from once had a history of chicks with salmonella (they're out of Ohio). Half of my new flock came from breeders this year. My birds have a lot of space, large run, and an immaculately clean coop so they aren't walking through loads of poop all day. 

High of 72F today but a little disappointed in the dews only getting into the upper 40s.  The afternoon dew rule means tonight should be another run of the mill upper 40s low which have been a dime a dozen this summer. 

BTV doesn't have the temperature reaching 70F again until Monday afternoon here.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

High of 72F today but a little disappointed in the dews only getting into the upper 40s.  The afternoon dew rule means tonight should be another run of the mill upper 40s low which have been a dime a dozen this summer. 

BTV doesn't have the temperature reaching 70F again until Monday afternoon here.

Friday's s/w has the reinforcing cold shot with a deeper push of dews into the 40s.  Managed 74F here today. Awesome day.

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Exactly. No clue what Ginx was missing but the dude had to have started drinking early . Let's hope it's onto something 

Day 10 ,lol what in the Sam Hell is going on here. If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.  Euro shows exactly what the windfield would be. Any decent winds out over the Cape. Dig deeper and you will see how there is no gradient and any decent winds are on the Ocean . To say mass destruction from that is beyond weenism

I've got a pair of animals up in my pear tree right now. Based on cam they were out and up in the tre earlier while we were at the store and the young chooks were outside. :o

I'll upload them in a few. I'm leaning raccoons or porcupines. They're doing some weird little chirp calls up there.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I've got a pair of animals up in my pear tree right now. Based on cam they were out and up in the tre earlier while we were at the store and the young chooks were outside. :o

I'll upload them in a few. I'm leaning raccoons or porcupines. They're doing some weird little chirp calls up there.

Racoons will rip the heads and feet off the chickens. Watch them sneaky bastards

Archived