Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice storm woke me up last night.....not sure what time they rolled through, 10:00 maybe??

I could hear the rain pouring over the fan noise; now just steady dripping from the trees as I nurse my morning coffee.

Yeah, pretty good drink.  .50" here so probably similar in your hood.   I'm glad we're are getting all of our precipitation out of the way in the summer rather than dealing with that pesky winter qpf. 

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, pretty good drink.  .50" here so probably similar in your hood.   I'm glad we're are getting all of our precipitation out of the way in the summer rather than dealing with that pesky winter qpf. 

LOL.  I was jolted awake by a couple of nearby strikes.  If I'm home before dark I'll walk around a bit and see if there's any indication of a hit.

Car was reading 76* as I headed toward Acton/Concord area straight into Boston.  Glad we don't live there.

Dog days:

Today
Mostly sunny. Cooler with highs in the mid 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Much cooler with lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the evening.
Thursday
Sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. West winds around 5 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.
Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday Night Through Tuesday
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Highs in the lower 70s.

13 hours ago, dendrite said:

Nobody is saying leaves are off the trees and it's dark at 4:30. Most of us are cheering on a warm Sep.

Yeah it's like it goes in one ear and out the other...lol...yesterday was a dog day of August...classic summer heat/humidity.

We were saying that it looks like we're done with that now. Pretty hard to get 91/71 in September...though not impossible. Nobody is saying we can't have an above average autumn though. I'll be cheering for 68F and sunny in mid-October when Kevin is hoping for 47F and drizzle.

just purchased and planted two Patriot blueberry bushes. Do we really need to water daily until ground freezes?

No, 1-2" per week, Did you mulch them? I used 4-6" of pine mulch, They will retain the moisture in the soil longer, I have those as well as Chandlers, Elliot's and Blue/Gold.

mixed some peat moss/soil mix in the hole then filled and surrounded with whatever black mulch we have in the bed. Not sure it's pine.

The peat moss was good, Eh, That black mulch is not very good, Go to Home Cheapo or Lowes and get pine mulch, It will acidify the soil when it breaks down, The black mulch may try to make it more alkaline which blueberries and Rhodies don't like.

Cover it with pine or other evergreen needles. My parents have many different varieties of low bush wild blueberries growing through their pine grove...lots of lady slippers too. Half of their property is wild blueberries so I've been stealing a rooting bush every time I go down and plant them at my place under the white pines and my blue spruce trees.

Archived