Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol...yeah that was pretty incredible....and surreal.

The eclipse stuff is amazing, but it is so short...not sure I could give up 100"+ in 3 weeks. I'll def chase 2024 though.

About 12 years ago I got a jaw dropping aurora display in NEK of VT.  I would endure a ratter winter to see a display like that again.  Full swirling, twisting columns of red, yellow and green that lasted almost 30minutes.  I will never forget it. 

2 hours ago, eekuasepinniW said:

What an epic evening.  Warm, burgers on the grill, hazy sunshine and a nice breeze.  Kinda sad to think it might be the last evening like this for the summer.  

My wife said the same thing...she does enjoy these tropical evenings from time to time.

The 7pm obs at MVL were 72/70 and that can't be more than the first or second 70F dew of the summer up here.  Of course it was with +RN but the walking the dog in the downpour felt tropical.  Similar to what we saw in the Dominican.  The rain coming down almost feels like a hot shower, haha.

Just tickled down to 69/66 but winds still southerly direction... certainly one of the most humid evening's of the summer here.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol at the summer is over and fall is here. I mean it's Aug 22. And folks are saying no more warmth? Based on what? Dulled leaves? Can anyone think of a late Aug into all of September where there was no warmth,, no dews in the 60's and 70's? Sept many times features our highest dews with the warm SST's. I mean fall and chilly is not settling in on Aug 22. Not to say extended deep summer either, but there's  more humid warm days to come after this weeks mild down 

I agree with you... I think September will be warm (meaning warmer than normal).  Its never over in late August.  There's always a come-back tour for September and maybe even October.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies were warm week 4. I don't think anyone said no more warmth. But long bouts of heat and dews are done. 

Were they ever really here, lol?

I was just looking at BDL and last August the average high was 87.4F... this August it is 83.8F.

Last July at BDL had 17 days of 90+.... this July had only 5. 

The difference between recent summers and this summer is pretty stark.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I agree with you... I think September will be warm (meaning warmer than normal).  Its never over in late August.  There's always a come-back tour for September and maybe even October.

I was just looking at BDL and last August the average high was 87.4F... this August it is 83.8F.

Well as with everything regarding Kevin...I need to clear it up. Of course we will have warm spells...and perhaps Sept is AN. But is an AN September really all that bad? Summer's back is broken. 

And yes, this summer was much more tolerable for sure, even down here. I am annoyed that we reverted back to dryness again over the last 4 weeks.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

There's just this weird vibe in here lately where summer is over, it's dark at 4:30 and leaves are already off trees. I have a terrible feeling this ends up being an extremely warm autumn 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That LLJ is cranking. Noticeable wind down here for sure.

you aren't kidding. leaving the restaurant after a nice fattening chinese buffet dinner, my fattened a$$ almost blew away. I think the volume of the mai tais kept my feet on the ground

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There's just this weird vibe in here lately where summer is over, it's dark at 4:30 and leaves are already off trees. I have a terrible feeling this ends up being an extremely warm autumn 

Spin spin spin. We're just saying the threat of days and days of 90s and high dews are done. Yeah we can sneak more warm days in there, but we'll be heading into Sep when this cold snap relaxes. By then the descent is on and we'll have an early April sun angle.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Spin spin spin. We're just saying the threat of days and days of 90s and high dews are done. Yeah we can sneak more warm days in there, but we'll be heading into Sep when this cold snap relaxes. By then the descent is on and we'll have an early April sun angle.

What does that have to do with a warm autumn? Tell that to the last 5 Septembers

Nice storm woke me up last night.....not sure what time they rolled through, 10:00 maybe??

I could hear the rain pouring over the fan noise; now just steady dripping from the trees as I nurse my morning coffee.

Meanwhile, can you say COC???  I knew you could.....

Wednesday
Mostly sunny. Cooler with highs in the mid 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph, decreasing to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear. Cooler with lows in the mid 50s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday
Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds around 5 mph.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows around 50. Northwest winds around 5 mph.
Friday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.
Friday Night Through Tuesday
Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Highs around 70.

Warm night now though....66* at 3:30.

Archived