Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Friggin basement flooding again. Make it stop.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Very solid swath of 1-3" from central VT through the Lakes Region and into adjacent Maine.  The Lakes Region looks like the jackpot though. 

3.9" at Alton Mountain, NH...not sure the validity of it but there are a scattering of 3"+ amounts here and there, especially by the NH/ME border.

Surprised there isn't more hydro issues or advisories...2-3" (even spread out over a day) is a pretty good soaker that can fill up drainage basins...especially the steeper terrain areas.

Aug_18.thumb.jpg.644f541fd9de59e5513810382d29cad0.jpg

37 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GYX radar was just wipe your ass worthy. How could it be so off? 

the radar was offlne for service earlier this week, I think i saw that on facebook. not sure if it is still being worked on or what

Edit: found the post

Radar technicians took down the KGYX radar today for the Service Life Extension Project. The radar is expected to be down for the next couple of days. For more information about the project, go to https://www.weather.gov/media/gyx/PNS/SLEP.pdf

16 hours ago, dryslot said:

Been awful dry here, Have you been up to Pit2 lately?

Was up last weekend and should be back up next--hopefully to see a newly built deck which is supposedly going in.

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

My yard is close to last year. Man I don't know why it's so hard to get rain here the last few years. It's been daily watering last two weeks and that's only for sensitive plants. Phuck the grass.

Yesterday I was thinking that this summer has been a wire-to-wire season of green, growth, and weekly mowing.  No rest this year.  Completely different story at Pit 2 which is completely brown. 

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Tonight ranks up there on the swampa$$ scale.   72/70   Dank.

The fan did come in handy last night.  Managed to get to 63.3*, but it was humid and even at midnight, I'm showing it was 70.7*.

65.7 now.

Archived