SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WPC is (most recently) analyzing the warm boundary as cutting west to east through southern VT/NH but ... it doesn't "feel" like that is the case down this way. I don't think the truer barotropic air is down to the surface were we have training strata-rain with elevated convective pixels running due east along and and south of said boundary. 

It's probably one of those deals where the theta-e ridge finally wafts to the surface at 3am tomorrow, then maxes and pivots out...then, it gets hot with sun and DPs falling through the day ...  

I've seen this countless times in the past ..  It took a week to ten days to get the ridge signal to verify and what verifies?  12 hours of it before the entire planet can't wait with beedy eyed obsession to get right back to the same persistence.   It looked back whence as though we may get a real heat pulse to end the summer, and it now appears what the models were doing was seeing a 12 hour period of and blowing it way out of proportions  (sarcasm to some degree)

Does seem like some tendency to lift the westerlies over eastern N/A is still out there in the middle/ext ranges but I don't have much faith there given the secondary sort of "emergent" persistence to advertise faux pattern changes since April 

Wow you're not kidding. I can't recall the last time I've seen it that bad since dual pol. I've been out in it off and on and it seems to be the efficient small droplet type. That extreme sfc boundary for this time of the season, must be helping. You can keep the dews.

29 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It's been bone dry here for a while. Everyone rains but this area.

thats fine, we'll just steal everyones snow in the winter. 8-12 here while Western and northern areas smoke cirrus 

Or you'll just get your rain then...

Stop pre-stealing our snow.:D

Archived