Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pics?

This is a gypsy . I've never heard of them living past Mid July . Probably a wooly bear

YNRJ1VG.jpg

Looks like a smaller version of that. And no they're not wooly bears. lol

Looks like that or eastern tent caterpillars. I'll have to take note if there's a long, bright white stripe down its back.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Wish we lived there. But it is beautiful right now in 70s.

Yeah today was a region wide winner... I'd take the BML obs though this afternoon... hours of 70/42 obs which is an epic September day.

Already clear and calm in the mountain valleys, heck BML lost 10F in just the last hour as they are down to 56F.  Its 59F here, wonder how low we can go.  If the "afternoon dewpoint rule" works, it'll be low to mid 40s...maybe SLK sniffs upper 30s?

SLK is really only 2-3 weeks away from frost potential, lol.

I just saw spots like BDL and TAN got well into the mid-80s with highs of 86F....with ORH at 79F.... which surprised me given the air mass up here.  I figured ORH would be mid-70s and BDL barely into the low 80s.

Total non-sequitor, but does anyone know what Boston's official peak depth was in Feb '15? I remember it was something like 36-37" after that multi-day beast, but was wondering if we topped it with the mid-level magic storm? Also wondering what the peak depth was down around Weymouth/Milton.

15 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Total non-sequitor, but does anyone know what Boston's official peak depth was in Feb '15? I remember it was something like 36-37" after that multi-day beast, but was wondering if we topped it with the mid-level magic storm? Also wondering what the peak depth was down around Weymouth/Milton.

I never took an accurate depth measurement....but pretty confident in 4'. Maybe just over. 

On 8/15/2017 at 5:49 AM, dendrite said:

Some ***hole a couple houses over set off a firework finale or something around 1am. It startled me fromsleep and kept me up til 2. It sounded like bombs right outside my window. Long day ahead. Bastards.

Live free or die...

3 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

In the paper this morning, there is a request for bids from the town of Center Harbor for tree removal at Morse cemetery as a result of the March blowdown.

You can see the damage on 25B. Meanwhile 2 miles from there, no sign of anything near where we are. I also noticed Rt 109 is cleaned up and not a ton of debris left. You do see uprooted pines here and there on the way to Wolfeboro.

Archived