Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It's not dropping south very much.

Boundary through here and its much cooler now at 63F at MVL and 61F up at the resort base area.

Highs expected to be maybe up into the low 70s tomorrow in town and in the upper 60s at the mountain...the heat has been hard to find this summer up here.  Recent summers have seemed to have much higher evening temperatures on the whole...I haven't used the AC once this summer, compared to maybe a half a dozen times in recent years.  Was just comparing the electric bills, not bad.

August_15_2017.jpg.773cfda4f8d66dd86313b2dea0cc2d13.jpg

5O2ZORB.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

All these forecasts for showers and storms that never hit

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Some incredible lightning with these storms this evening... strobe like stuff.

Looks like only a quarter inch of rain or so though in the gauge.

these 2 consecutive posts made me laugh. yeah, i know you guys are in completely different areas. was just funny to me.

Wonder if we can pull another sunny summer day high in the upper 60s.  We had one a couple weeks ago if I remember correctly.

Up to 67F at noon but 10-20mph NW Winds and CAA up at H85.  Temp at the top of the Gondola has been dropping so far today, now down to 49F.  

I think MVL will sneak into the low 70s, but up here at the base of the resort I doubt we get out of the 60s.  What a different summer it's been from recent years.  Nice to know it can do something other than torch all the time in the warm season.  

With no beach near here, sunshine and low dews is perfect mountain weather in the summer.  

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gypsies are all gone. Moths too. 

Maybe there. But I had none here until the past couple of weeks. I've been seeing a few young ones everyday. Late minor hatch or something? No clue. But I'm 99.9% sure they're gypsies.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Maybe there. But I had none here until the past couple of weeks. I've been seeing a few young ones everyday. Late minor hatch or something? No clue. But I'm 99.9% sure they're gypsies.

I guess they could be tent caterpillars. I'll have to look a little closer next time before feeding them to the chickens.

Archived