Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, radarman said:

tomorrow is setting up for the summer equivalent of a big powder day...  High surf advys posted 4-6', sunny, high in the low 80s.  Mid morning low tide in RI, early afternoon low tide on the Cape. 

Can't make it but super jelly of those who can.

We bodysurf

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

As Ginxy knows Best Swell Energy for New England will hit exposed S facing beaches of the South coast (Primarily R.I) as well as MVY And Ack. 

I'll be Certain to stop by Ruggles and body surf a couple nearby. Head high to A bit overhead on the sets by afternoon. Fairly clean as well.

My sister just bought a house in Narragansett. I have been spending many weekends down there this summer. Awesome area. The best surf spot seems to be at the Pt Judith lighthouse.  Always tons of people surfing there.

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Been pretty dry here as well.

Same up here... only around 2.25" for the month so far, half way through.  It has rained on quite a few days but the amounts haven't been that much.  We did have one day with a thunderstorm that left around an inch, but aside from that it seems like most rain has been like a quarter of an inch or less.

It might also seem dry because we had like 9" of rain in June with rain on something like 23 out of 30 days and then July was at least average wetness.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Same up here... only around 2.25" for the month so far, half way through.  It has rained on quite a few days but the amounts haven't been that much.  We did have one day with a thunderstorm that left around an inch, but aside from that it seems like most rain has been like a quarter of an inch or less.

It might also seem dry because we had like 9" of rain in June with rain on something like 23 out of 30 days.

Same here, Was a real wet June, One decent TS in early July when all the TORS came thru the area, Ended up below normal for July and just some nickels and dimes so far in Aug.

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It might also seem dry because we had like 9" of rain in June with rain on something like 23 out of 30 days and then July was at least average wetness.

Only 2.25" MTD?  LOL.  I've only had that much since July 8th.

Archived