Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

9 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

For those western mass folk, Hampden Charter School of Science is coming to climb at the park today...I wonder why they are coming all the way to Sandwich instead of going to RambleWild? The other day we had the Canton Rec Dept come climb. Canton has their own Aerial Adventure Park. I can't figure out why they keep sending groups to Sandwich...

Because you're there!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Fyi- if any of you are interested in climbing at my park- Heritage Adventure Park in Sandwich, MA, if I get a group of at least 10, the tix are $20 per person...averages out to 50% off a ticket

Does that include the happy ending?

36 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Fyi- if any of you are interested in climbing at my park- Heritage Adventure Park in Sandwich, MA, if I get a group of at least 10, the tix are $20 per person...averages out to 50% off a ticket

Was thinking my daughter would like to go there.  We are heading to Truro Saturday for a week.  She's bringing a friend too.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, dendrite said:

Congrats...really thought you'd pull an easy 72-73 there today. What was the high?

I'm not sure how the afternoon's going to play out, but it's 67.9 at the Pit right now.  I'll probably break 70, but I think my 'not likely but possibly' four days in the 60's wasn't too off-the-wall.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm not sure how the afternoon's going to play out, but it's 67.9 at the Pit right now.  I'll probably break 70, but I think my 'not likely but possibly' four days in the 60's wasn't too off-the-wall.

It's 69F here now with sun so we'll be in the 70s next hour probably.  

Still, this summer continues to amaze me at the number of days that fail to hit 80F.  It's been pretty remarkable.

35 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I didn't think Sunday had a chance...that's all. I have to remind myself that you come in as cold as Savoy sometimes. ;) Your temp/hum sensor is failing though so who knows what the accuracy is with it too.

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can't believe I only got to go chasing once this summer.  Another overall summer of crappy severe wx.  We need an active summer...one with numerous events...not just one solid event.  SNE is starting to become horrible for severe wx.  

How many times did you get to go in the hot tub with your friend's dad?

49 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can't believe I only got to go chasing once this summer.  Another overall summer of crappy severe wx.  We need an active summer...one with numerous events...not just one solid event.  SNE is starting to become horrible for severe wx.  

That's why we winter.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's why we winter.

Social media has made winter become very annoying and frustrating.  All you see are people who just post SLP maps, snowfall output graphics, and QPF charts for a system that is shown like 6-7-8 days out and people keep swinging from one side of the fence to the other with every model run b/c each model run differs in their outputs with these solutions.  These people just drown out those who actually forecast using science/meteorology and when someone who forecasts like that posts a forecast or thoughts and it goes against snow those idiots swarm that person like a bunch of bees.  I really wish model snowfall graphics would just disappear because I think they are hurt more than they help.  There are of course some strengths to them but I don't think they are used that way

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah, it haven't been much fun tracking storms since moving up here and I'm starting to miss evening boomers we get during eastern NC summers.

However... NH summer climate >>> NC summer climate overall. Easily.

6 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Yeah, it haven't been much fun tracking storms since moving up here and I'm starting to miss evening boomers we get during eastern NC summers.

However... NH summer climate >>> NC summer climate overall. Easily.

I just wish we can get a summer like we used to have in the mid-1990's where we would get nasty squall lines.  

20 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I'm absolutely livid... just spent 90 minutes carefully applying fungicide to control a powdery mildew apocalypse on half my plants.

And now a surprise wild and crazy downpour is beginning.

Someone just called in with pea and dime size hail in Laconia. That's not good for the garden.

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Someone just called in with pea and dime size hail in Laconia. That's not good for the garden.

No hail here, but had some nice quarter sized raindrops at the onset.  Great rain curtains too. A little sad it caught me by surprise because it would have been a nice timelapse-- clouds were impressive.

My dad was/is in his kayak over on Pickerel Pond... I wonder if he made it to shore or if he's wet and sad right now.

Archived