CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Worst pool season evah'!

22 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

50.1F for my low.    Pool taking a beating

I just spent the morning getting the leaves out that had blown in overnight.  Temp had dropped to 72* so I turned on the heater.  My wife told me to turn it off....too cold to go swimming today.

That's a damn expensive hole in the ground.......

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Send it.

We didn't get nearly as much up here.  Aside from the Thursday night rains, we just had some passing showers.  I think Chris may have gotten a lot more as things parked just east of me for a while yesterday.

I am good with the 1 to 2 plus the Euro shows, lets hitch up those wagons please

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Send it.

We didn't get nearly as much up here.  Aside from the Thursday night rains, we just had some passing showers.  I think Chris may have gotten a lot more as things parked just east of me for a while yesterday.

I was having dinner at this place in Wakefield NH last night and all hell broke loose.  Best cell I've seen in a long time.

1 hour ago, eekuasepinniW said:

How else would you describe 55 degrees in mid summer? :shiver:

31 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Warmer than several July mornings here...

I was also thinking something outrageous, along the lines of… “about average”.

WaterburyclimateAUG.jpg

25 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

I was also thinking something outrageous, along the lines of… “about average”.

WaterburyclimateAUG.jpg

Yup.  MVL averaged 53.6F for a minimum temp in July, solidly below normal by a couple degrees but this morning is just a continuation of temps we've seen a lot of this summer.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I think the difference is the breeze.  The other 50's are typically radiating to that point rather than caa on a stiff breeze.

We definitely noticed that when walking the dog.  Those cold July mornings had no wind, while today is very Septemberish.  I was ready to spend the day watching football and cooking chili 

10 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We definitely noticed that when walking the dog.  Those cold July mornings had no wind, while today is very Septemberish.  I was ready to spend the day watching football and cooking chili 

Hopefully the hikers are prepared for it today... temps in the low to mid 40s with decent winds for the summer months.

I just checked our Gondola top station on my phone and its also showing 45F there. 

Untitled.jpg

Archived