Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How can you say this has been a dry cool not humid summer? It's been rainy, moist and humid with little in the way of heat . 

Dry/wet and cool/hot are two different things.

Everytime someone says it's been a cool summer you throw in the word dry along with cool for some reason. 

It can be cool and rainy, which relative to normal we've had a lot of this summer.  

Areas farthest south I think have had the warmest temps relative to normal.

3 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm 20 years your junior by 20 years.  I feel reminded of that every day.

Congratulations!

I'm 10 years your junior by 10 years.  I feel reminded of that every day too...   

Ineedsnow.  Enjoy your new "beast"   They grow up way too fast.  Savior every moment....Enjoy!

6 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Progged highs per NWS:

Today: Around 70

Tomorrow: Around 70

Monday:  Upper 60's

Tuesday:  Around 70

Hi today so far is 68*.  If the sun breaks out (which I think it might at this point), we'll likely hit 70.  But it's already 12:30, so who knows.

Wut.

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wut.

Just saying what the forecast is for.  The Shelburne Center station is reporting 69* at the moment; Leyden 69*, Bernardston 69*.

Note I said "while not likely".

Edit:  now that the sun's come out, today wont' happen.  Here's hoping for tomorrow.  Nice breeze though.

37 minutes ago, WhiteLawns said:

We're supposed to head to the cape to go to the beach and do some camping tomorrow.

im worried about the rain on Monday and Monday night. Any of you guys think there's a chance that it can still be salvaged as a decent day?

Monday is toast. Tomorrow will be nice.

Friend and I are debating about hiking Mt. Lafayette tomorrow. Tomorrow will be nice, but we're worry about high winds above the treeline and we're both not from here so we have no idea what wind climatology is like for Whites. 40-50 mph sustained wouldn't surprise me on mountain peaks with Washington seeing higher than that.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Just saying what the forecast is for.  The Shelburne Center station is reporting 69* at the moment; Leyden 69*, Bernardston 69*.

Note I said "while not likely".

Edit:  now that the sun's come out, today wont' happen.  Here's hoping for tomorrow.  Nice breeze though.

60s for tomorrow seem a bit aggressive. Even for your Davis.

Archived