Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It's been very disappointing. We finally put in a pool last summer and we have not been able to enjoy it very much.

According to some it's been a great summer with below normal temps and no humidity  :lol:

If you discount the 10-12" of rain and rain every other day since May and high dews.. I guess it has been 

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

According to some it's been a great summer with below normal temps and no humidity  :lol:

If you discount the 10-12" of rain and rain every other day since May and high dews.. I guess it has been 

June was -1.5 and July was -2 to -3 up this way.

Wasn't July below normal region wide?

Pretty sure ORH is a little below average in the means for the whole summer so far.

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let's see.....this summer, how many days have I:

hit 85*     --     0

hit 80*

June:   6

July:   10

Failed to hit 75*:

June:   11

July:      9

Failed to hit 70*:

June:    4

July:      5

Failed to hit 65*

June:   1

July:     3

Failed to hit 60*

June:  0

July:   1

She's a scorchah, Clark!

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

June was -1.5 and July was -2 to -3 up this way.

Wasn't July below normal region wide?

Pretty sure ORH is a little below average in the means for the whole summer so far.

Stop confusing things with facts...It doesn't matter that the first two months have ranked in the top 10 coolest since 1985 right in the town next to his nor what any other location had.  It's been hot, humid and very rainy everywhere.

1 minute ago, MetHerb said:

Stop confusing things with facts...It doesn't matter that the first two months have ranked in the top 10 coolest since 1985 right in the town next to his nor what any other location had.  It's been hot, humid and very rainy everywhere.

How can you say this has been a dry cool not humid summer? It's been rainy, moist and humid with little in the way of heat . 

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Um he said May, skew what?

Speak english.  May skews the #s wet down this way.  Its been dry this way.  This is what it's looked like here at TAN.

May - 3.97"

June - 1.95" (1.58" falling in 1st week alone)

July - 3.34" (2.8" falling before mid month 7th-13th)

Aug - 0.02"

It's been dry here minus a week in July and a week in June 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How can you say this has been a dry cool not humid summer? It's been rainy, moist and humid with little in the way of heat . 

I never said it was dry and cool.  It's been cool for sure and the rain has pushed up the average humidity.  Talking to average folks, they love the temperatures and overall comfortable humidity that we've had when it's not raining but they would prefer that it not have rained on so many days.  The problem is, the rain comment is very subjective because as you've no doubt read, there are places that have not had as much rain this Summer (June & July).  So for those folks, it has not been as humid.

12 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Speak english.  May skews the #s wet down this way.  Its been dry this way.  This is what it's looked like here at TAN.

May - 3.97"

June - 1.95" (1.58" falling in 1st week alone)

July - 3.34" (2.8" falling before mid month 7th-13th)

Aug - 0.02"

It's been dry here minus a week in July and a week in June 

Irrelevant to my quote of Kevin, not seeing your point Dexter

Archived