Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

2 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

no way. rent a roto-tiller for a weekend (~$100), get 10 yards of fresh loam delivered (~$200), a couple bags of decent grass seed (~$100) and have a fun weekend. You could go all in and have irrigation installed (~$2k), or you could just throw a hose and a sprinkler out there a few times a week (~$0)

Here' last year's local estimate

Product/Service
Scope of Work:
In the area bordered by the driveway, house, ledge, and woods, install a mix of screened loam and compost. This will provide a
nutrient rich, loose medium into which grass seed will root.
-This entire area will be covered with at least 1" of graded loose loam, some area will have a greater depth.
-At the edge of the road, near the mulch bed add approximately 2"-3" of loam.
-In the thin areas along the driveway, near the mulch bed, add approximately 2"-3" of loam.
-Around the large tree in the middle of this space add approximately 2"-3" of loam.
-At the base of the slope, near the driveway and ledge where the grass is thin, add 2"-3" of loam.
-Around the top of the exposed ledge add approximately 2"-3" of loam.
-There may be additional bare or very thin spots that will require 2"-3" of loam.
Install erosion matting on the steepest parts of the slope as well as the are near the edge of the road at the mulch bed.
-This will help keep the grass seed in place as it germinates.
Hydroseed this entire area using a Park Sun/Shade mix. The Hydroseed blend includes germination fertilizer, protective wood
mulch, lime, and grass seed.
-This is approximately 5800sq.ft.
*This proposal includes 32 yards of loam and 8 yards of compost. This totals $1184.00.
*Labor to spread the loam, erosion matting, and soil stakes total $1224.25.
*The Hydroseed application, including labor and materials, totals $464.00.
Subtotal:
Tax:
$2,872.25
$0.00
Total:
$2,872.25

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Heaviest burst of rain I may have ever seen in my life just now.

20170802_153228.jpg

Congrats.

It looks like the Pit just got the eastern edge of the earlier heavy stuff in western Franklin.  Probably not a big deal; Greenfield looked dry from what I saw.

Raining pretty good with lots of rumbles and flashes downtown.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Congrats.

It looks like the Pit just got the eastern edge of the earlier heavy stuff in western Franklin.  Probably not a big deal; Greenfield looked dry from what I saw.

Raining pretty good with lots of rumbles and flashes downtown.

Radar said it was west of you, probably more like Ashfield/Charlemont.

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Radar said it was west of you, probably more like Ashfield/Charlemont.

The heaviest was, but the cut-off (per weathertap) was a little east of me.  I couldn't follow too closely though.

Some really close strikes here at the office.  I'm supposed to go across the street for a happy hour meeting.  I hope I don't get struck.

Archived