Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We've had 6-7" in July.. and a soaking June.. and many dew days. Maybe it's been different farther north , but most places are AN - WAN in rainfall . 

Doesn't look like most people are above normal, at least in Southern New England.

August 01, 2017 60-Day Percent Precipitation.png

August 01, 2017 60-Day Departure Precipitation.png

On 7/31/2017 at 10:48 AM, Damage In Tolland said:

No built before the time period. But have several good friends in town that have it. One just week found out it will cost $267.000 . Unreal

On 7/31/2017 at 0:20 PM, BrianW said:

I have a friend in Coventry that is about to walk away from his house as its practically worthless. What year was your house built? Have you had it checked out and confirmed? 

On 7/31/2017 at 0:21 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes. 1970.. so mine is good. It's the late 80's thru the 90's.

Yeah. Guy at work and his wife from Tolland have been part of the group spearheading the group that are getting the facts out there, including taking it to government officials.  I think it will get better before it gets worse (1000's upon 1000's of houses and now they are finding business too affected by this).

Sorry for the delayed response.  I have not been on the forum in a few days since there is no snow in the forecast

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

One is high res radar estimates and the other is a more coarse view of actual data. Even in Steve's map CT averages out slightly below normal.

I think it's accurate to say most people in CT have experienced below normal based on those maps since the state's population mostly resides in the western half.

Has anyone been attacked yet? It's bound to eventually happen with the amount of sharks off the cape now.

One about 4 or 5 years ago in Wellfleet/Truro area. I think the guy was swimming out to a sandbar. Certainly doesn't keep me out of the water, but with all the seals around I do keep an eye out.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He's always on vacation somewhere, so maybe he was drinking ? Only explanation really 

Unless im reading it wrong on my phone, tjats showing much of new england with less than 100% normal precip over the 2 months.  July might show different. The lawns at Pit2 are evidence of the dry midcoast.

30 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Unless im reading it wrong on my phone, tjats showing much of new england with less than 100% normal precip over the 2 months.  July might show different. The lawns at Pit2 are evidence of the dry midcoast.

1.5" of rain here last week and it's tough to find a lawn around here with any heat burn damage.

59 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Could spend around $3000 to fix it up, but frankly, I'm tired of spending money on the lawn.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

no way. rent a roto-tiller for a weekend (~$100), get 10 yards of fresh loam delivered (~$200), a couple bags of decent grass seed (~$100) and have a fun weekend. You could go all in and have irrigation installed (~$2k), or you could just throw a hose and a sprinkler out there a few times a week (~$0)

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Crazy thunder and lighting here at work (Manchester, CT). A co-worker's wife just sent photos of his place a few towns up in Tolland getting nailed with hail about an hour or so ago.  

Coventry with 1" hail. I feel bad for Kevin, just missed the heavy damage.

Archived